May 27, 2013, 8:16 PM EDT
Jacksonville landed a commitment from 2013 wing Marcel White on Monday afternoon.
The 2013 signee spent last season at Vermont Academy after previously prepping at Lake Wales (Fla.) High School, the same school that produced NBA All-Star A’mare Stoudemire.
The 6-6, 200-pound White, according to various recruiting sites, was considering Richmond, Florida State, College of Charleston and James Madison, among others.
Jacksonville has landed a commitment from 2013 wing Marcel White of Vermont Academy.
— Alex Kline (@TheRecruitScoop) May 27, 2013
White was heavily on Alabama’s radar in 2012 before taking an extra year at Vermont.
The Dolphins finished 14-18 last season, 9-9 in conference play bowing out of the Atlantic Sun Conference tournament in the quarterfinals with a loss to South Carolina-Upstate.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)