May 27, 2013, 8:16 PM EDT
Jacksonville landed a commitment from 2013 wing Marcel White on Monday afternoon.
The 2013 signee spent last season at Vermont Academy after previously prepping at Lake Wales (Fla.) High School, the same school that produced NBA All-Star A’mare Stoudemire.
The 6-6, 200-pound White, according to various recruiting sites, was considering Richmond, Florida State, College of Charleston and James Madison, among others.
Jacksonville has landed a commitment from 2013 wing Marcel White of Vermont Academy.
— Alex Kline (@TheRecruitScoop) May 27, 2013
White was heavily on Alabama’s radar in 2012 before taking an extra year at Vermont.
The Dolphins finished 14-18 last season, 9-9 in conference play bowing out of the Atlantic Sun Conference tournament in the quarterfinals with a loss to South Carolina-Upstate.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)