May 27, 2013, 8:16 PM EST
Jacksonville landed a commitment from 2013 wing Marcel White on Monday afternoon.
The 2013 signee spent last season at Vermont Academy after previously prepping at Lake Wales (Fla.) High School, the same school that produced NBA All-Star A’mare Stoudemire.
The 6-6, 200-pound White, according to various recruiting sites, was considering Richmond, Florida State, College of Charleston and James Madison, among others.
Jacksonville has landed a commitment from 2013 wing Marcel White of Vermont Academy.
— Alex Kline (@TheRecruitScoop) May 27, 2013
White was heavily on Alabama’s radar in 2012 before taking an extra year at Vermont.
The Dolphins finished 14-18 last season, 9-9 in conference play bowing out of the Atlantic Sun Conference tournament in the quarterfinals with a loss to South Carolina-Upstate.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)