May 27, 2013, 8:16 PM EDT
Jacksonville landed a commitment from 2013 wing Marcel White on Monday afternoon.
The 2013 signee spent last season at Vermont Academy after previously prepping at Lake Wales (Fla.) High School, the same school that produced NBA All-Star A’mare Stoudemire.
The 6-6, 200-pound White, according to various recruiting sites, was considering Richmond, Florida State, College of Charleston and James Madison, among others.
Jacksonville has landed a commitment from 2013 wing Marcel White of Vermont Academy.
— Alex Kline (@TheRecruitScoop) May 27, 2013
White was heavily on Alabama’s radar in 2012 before taking an extra year at Vermont.
The Dolphins finished 14-18 last season, 9-9 in conference play bowing out of the Atlantic Sun Conference tournament in the quarterfinals with a loss to South Carolina-Upstate.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)