May 27, 2013, 8:16 PM EDT
Jacksonville landed a commitment from 2013 wing Marcel White on Monday afternoon.
The 2013 signee spent last season at Vermont Academy after previously prepping at Lake Wales (Fla.) High School, the same school that produced NBA All-Star A’mare Stoudemire.
The 6-6, 200-pound White, according to various recruiting sites, was considering Richmond, Florida State, College of Charleston and James Madison, among others.
Jacksonville has landed a commitment from 2013 wing Marcel White of Vermont Academy.
— Alex Kline (@TheRecruitScoop) May 27, 2013
White was heavily on Alabama’s radar in 2012 before taking an extra year at Vermont.
The Dolphins finished 14-18 last season, 9-9 in conference play bowing out of the Atlantic Sun Conference tournament in the quarterfinals with a loss to South Carolina-Upstate.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Gregg Marshall to remain at Wichita State, won’t visit Alabama 1
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 5
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)