May 27, 2013, 11:55 AM EDT
Mike Anderson is doing his best to put up a fence around the state of Arkansas, as he has landed yet another talented recruit from the state.
Trey Thompson, a 6-foot-10 center from Forrest City, committed to play for the Razorbacks last week. Thompson is a three-star recruit, according to Rivals, and was also considering Memphis, Mississippi State and Florida.
It’s Anderson’s second commitment in the Class of 2014, as four-star point guard Anton Beard pledged to the program earlier this spring. Beard is also an Arkansas native, hailing from North Little Rock.
Keeping the talented players from his state in state is important for Anderson, as Arkansas produces their fair share of hoopers. Most importantly, Anderson is going to want to find a way to get this kid to throw down dunks like this in Bud Walton Arena. He’s got a few years to wait, however, so in the meantime, locking down Thompson and Beard is a step in the right direction.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 1
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)