May 27, 2013, 11:55 AM EDT
Mike Anderson is doing his best to put up a fence around the state of Arkansas, as he has landed yet another talented recruit from the state.
Trey Thompson, a 6-foot-10 center from Forrest City, committed to play for the Razorbacks last week. Thompson is a three-star recruit, according to Rivals, and was also considering Memphis, Mississippi State and Florida.
It’s Anderson’s second commitment in the Class of 2014, as four-star point guard Anton Beard pledged to the program earlier this spring. Beard is also an Arkansas native, hailing from North Little Rock.
Keeping the talented players from his state in state is important for Anderson, as Arkansas produces their fair share of hoopers. Most importantly, Anderson is going to want to find a way to get this kid to throw down dunks like this in Bud Walton Arena. He’s got a few years to wait, however, so in the meantime, locking down Thompson and Beard is a step in the right direction.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)