May 27, 2013, 11:55 AM EDT
Mike Anderson is doing his best to put up a fence around the state of Arkansas, as he has landed yet another talented recruit from the state.
Trey Thompson, a 6-foot-10 center from Forrest City, committed to play for the Razorbacks last week. Thompson is a three-star recruit, according to Rivals, and was also considering Memphis, Mississippi State and Florida.
It’s Anderson’s second commitment in the Class of 2014, as four-star point guard Anton Beard pledged to the program earlier this spring. Beard is also an Arkansas native, hailing from North Little Rock.
Keeping the talented players from his state in state is important for Anderson, as Arkansas produces their fair share of hoopers. Most importantly, Anderson is going to want to find a way to get this kid to throw down dunks like this in Bud Walton Arena. He’s got a few years to wait, however, so in the meantime, locking down Thompson and Beard is a step in the right direction.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)