May 27, 2013, 11:55 AM EDT
Mike Anderson is doing his best to put up a fence around the state of Arkansas, as he has landed yet another talented recruit from the state.
Trey Thompson, a 6-foot-10 center from Forrest City, committed to play for the Razorbacks last week. Thompson is a three-star recruit, according to Rivals, and was also considering Memphis, Mississippi State and Florida.
It’s Anderson’s second commitment in the Class of 2014, as four-star point guard Anton Beard pledged to the program earlier this spring. Beard is also an Arkansas native, hailing from North Little Rock.
Keeping the talented players from his state in state is important for Anderson, as Arkansas produces their fair share of hoopers. Most importantly, Anderson is going to want to find a way to get this kid to throw down dunks like this in Bud Walton Arena. He’s got a few years to wait, however, so in the meantime, locking down Thompson and Beard is a step in the right direction.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)