May 29, 2013, 3:17 PM EST
Former Rhode Island forward and current West Virginia-commit Jonathan Holton has finally had his legal issues cleared up.
Holton was arrested and charged with two counts of voyeurism last March after two female students said that he videotaped separate consensual sexual encounters with them without their knowledge and posted the videos to Facebook. When Holton was arrested on those charges, police seized a laptop and discovered that it had been stolen from a residence hall eight months earlier.
On Wednesday, according to the Providence Journal, Holton pleaded no contest to one charge of video voyeurism, which will result in two years of probation, while the second charge was thrown out.
Holton spent last year at Palm Beach State and has committed to play next season at West Virginia. He reportedly signed grant-in-aid papers with the school, but that was pending the resolution of his court case. From the Charleston Daily-Mail:
A person familiar with the situation told the Charleston Daily Mail Sunday that Holton’s scholarship offer would only be honored if his legal issues are resolved.
It appears as if this case is now resolved. Is that enough to get Holton his scholarship from West Virginia?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)