May 29, 2013, 3:17 PM EDT
Former Rhode Island forward and current West Virginia-commit Jonathan Holton has finally had his legal issues cleared up.
Holton was arrested and charged with two counts of voyeurism last March after two female students said that he videotaped separate consensual sexual encounters with them without their knowledge and posted the videos to Facebook. When Holton was arrested on those charges, police seized a laptop and discovered that it had been stolen from a residence hall eight months earlier.
On Wednesday, according to the Providence Journal, Holton pleaded no contest to one charge of video voyeurism, which will result in two years of probation, while the second charge was thrown out.
Holton spent last year at Palm Beach State and has committed to play next season at West Virginia. He reportedly signed grant-in-aid papers with the school, but that was pending the resolution of his court case. From the Charleston Daily-Mail:
A person familiar with the situation told the Charleston Daily Mail Sunday that Holton’s scholarship offer would only be honored if his legal issues are resolved.
It appears as if this case is now resolved. Is that enough to get Holton his scholarship from West Virginia?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (2)