May 29, 2013, 3:17 PM EDT
Former Rhode Island forward and current West Virginia-commit Jonathan Holton has finally had his legal issues cleared up.
Holton was arrested and charged with two counts of voyeurism last March after two female students said that he videotaped separate consensual sexual encounters with them without their knowledge and posted the videos to Facebook. When Holton was arrested on those charges, police seized a laptop and discovered that it had been stolen from a residence hall eight months earlier.
On Wednesday, according to the Providence Journal, Holton pleaded no contest to one charge of video voyeurism, which will result in two years of probation, while the second charge was thrown out.
Holton spent last year at Palm Beach State and has committed to play next season at West Virginia. He reportedly signed grant-in-aid papers with the school, but that was pending the resolution of his court case. From the Charleston Daily-Mail:
A person familiar with the situation told the Charleston Daily Mail Sunday that Holton’s scholarship offer would only be honored if his legal issues are resolved.
It appears as if this case is now resolved. Is that enough to get Holton his scholarship from West Virginia?
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)