May 31, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
On Thursday afternoon Ohio State President Gordon Gee once again found himself in the middle of controversy, as comments made at a December meeting of the school’s Athletic Council came to light.
President Gee, who has made statements in the past that could best be described as “inflammatory,” had some choice words in regards to Notre Dame (and Catholics), the SEC and the University of Louisville.
And thanks to Sports Illustrated, you can listen to his remarks if you so choose.
Louisville head coach Rick Pitino made an appearance on WHAS Radio in Louisville Thursday, discussing the remarks with Terry Meiners, and it’s safe to say that Pitino was none too thrilled with the comments.
Coach Pitino even stated that until Gee picks up the phone and apologizes to Louisville President Dr. James R. Ramsey, he doesn’t accept the apology issued by President Gee on Thursday.
You can listen to the entire interview below.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed 8
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (8)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)