May 31, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
On Thursday afternoon Ohio State President Gordon Gee once again found himself in the middle of controversy, as comments made at a December meeting of the school’s Athletic Council came to light.
President Gee, who has made statements in the past that could best be described as “inflammatory,” had some choice words in regards to Notre Dame (and Catholics), the SEC and the University of Louisville.
And thanks to Sports Illustrated, you can listen to his remarks if you so choose.
Louisville head coach Rick Pitino made an appearance on WHAS Radio in Louisville Thursday, discussing the remarks with Terry Meiners, and it’s safe to say that Pitino was none too thrilled with the comments.
Coach Pitino even stated that until Gee picks up the phone and apologizes to Louisville President Dr. James R. Ramsey, he doesn’t accept the apology issued by President Gee on Thursday.
You can listen to the entire interview below.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)