May 31, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
On Thursday afternoon Ohio State President Gordon Gee once again found himself in the middle of controversy, as comments made at a December meeting of the school’s Athletic Council came to light.
President Gee, who has made statements in the past that could best be described as “inflammatory,” had some choice words in regards to Notre Dame (and Catholics), the SEC and the University of Louisville.
And thanks to Sports Illustrated, you can listen to his remarks if you so choose.
Louisville head coach Rick Pitino made an appearance on WHAS Radio in Louisville Thursday, discussing the remarks with Terry Meiners, and it’s safe to say that Pitino was none too thrilled with the comments.
Coach Pitino even stated that until Gee picks up the phone and apologizes to Louisville President Dr. James R. Ramsey, he doesn’t accept the apology issued by President Gee on Thursday.
You can listen to the entire interview below.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)