May 31, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
On Thursday afternoon Ohio State President Gordon Gee once again found himself in the middle of controversy, as comments made at a December meeting of the school’s Athletic Council came to light.
President Gee, who has made statements in the past that could best be described as “inflammatory,” had some choice words in regards to Notre Dame (and Catholics), the SEC and the University of Louisville.
And thanks to Sports Illustrated, you can listen to his remarks if you so choose.
Louisville head coach Rick Pitino made an appearance on WHAS Radio in Louisville Thursday, discussing the remarks with Terry Meiners, and it’s safe to say that Pitino was none too thrilled with the comments.
Coach Pitino even stated that until Gee picks up the phone and apologizes to Louisville President Dr. James R. Ramsey, he doesn’t accept the apology issued by President Gee on Thursday.
You can listen to the entire interview below.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)