May 31, 2013, 12:14 PM EST
On Thursday afternoon Ohio State President Gordon Gee once again found himself in the middle of controversy, as comments made at a December meeting of the school’s Athletic Council came to light.
President Gee, who has made statements in the past that could best be described as “inflammatory,” had some choice words in regards to Notre Dame (and Catholics), the SEC and the University of Louisville.
And thanks to Sports Illustrated, you can listen to his remarks if you so choose.
Louisville head coach Rick Pitino made an appearance on WHAS Radio in Louisville Thursday, discussing the remarks with Terry Meiners, and it’s safe to say that Pitino was none too thrilled with the comments.
Coach Pitino even stated that until Gee picks up the phone and apologizes to Louisville President Dr. James R. Ramsey, he doesn’t accept the apology issued by President Gee on Thursday.
You can listen to the entire interview below.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Weekend Preview: Iowa-Iowa State highlights a rivalry-heavy weekend slate 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Teams 0
- CBT Weekly Roundtable: Who are the top five teams as of today? 1
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 1
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (4)
- Why is Kentucky’s attendance going down? UK writer says Rupp is ‘stale’ (4)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Weekend Preview: Iowa-Iowa State highlights a rivalry-heavy weekend slate (3)
- Late Night Snacks: Rhode Island rivalry and VCU’s overtime (2)