Jun 1, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
After suffering a horrific compound fracture to his right leg in Louisville’s Elite Eight win over Duke, many weren’t sure if sophomore guard Kevin Ware would ever play basketball again. But thanks to a spirited rehabilitation effort that has also included a Louisville National Championship and a trip to the White House Correspondent’s Dinner, Ware appears to be ready to proceed with his basketball career after taking to Twitter for an informal Q & A with his followers regarding the injury.
On Saturday morning, Ware began tweeting and sent out an update on his current status:
Im sorry yall im standing on my two feet on my own again now.
— Kevin Ware (@_billionairebev) June 1, 2013
The initial tweet started a flurry of social media activity for Ware, as the sophomore began answering comments — good and bad — from his followers on everything from his recovery to fans challenging him to a game once he is fully healed.
Some other interesting revelations from Ware’s candid afternoon on Twitter: He’s no longer on crutches, believes he’ll be fully recovered by October, and — like most of America — prefers the first installment in the Friday series because he enjoys Chris Tucker’s character Smokey.
Obviously there is a lot of time between now and October in what is sure to continue to be a grueling rehabilitation for Ware as Louisville begins it’s title defense, but Ware at least seems to be in a positive mindset and recovering at a solid rate.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 0
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1