Jun 1, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
After suffering a horrific compound fracture to his right leg in Louisville’s Elite Eight win over Duke, many weren’t sure if sophomore guard Kevin Ware would ever play basketball again. But thanks to a spirited rehabilitation effort that has also included a Louisville National Championship and a trip to the White House Correspondent’s Dinner, Ware appears to be ready to proceed with his basketball career after taking to Twitter for an informal Q & A with his followers regarding the injury.
On Saturday morning, Ware began tweeting and sent out an update on his current status:
Im sorry yall im standing on my two feet on my own again now.
— Kevin Ware (@_billionairebev) June 1, 2013
The initial tweet started a flurry of social media activity for Ware, as the sophomore began answering comments — good and bad — from his followers on everything from his recovery to fans challenging him to a game once he is fully healed.
Some other interesting revelations from Ware’s candid afternoon on Twitter: He’s no longer on crutches, believes he’ll be fully recovered by October, and — like most of America — prefers the first installment in the Friday series because he enjoys Chris Tucker’s character Smokey.
Obviously there is a lot of time between now and October in what is sure to continue to be a grueling rehabilitation for Ware as Louisville begins it’s title defense, but Ware at least seems to be in a positive mindset and recovering at a solid rate.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)