Jun 1, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
Just when we thought the news was beginning to slow down on the Rutgers front, The Newark Star-Ledger reports late Friday that new Scarlet Knights’ athletic director Julie Hermann — embroiled in multiple controversies surrounding her past — has had a series of meetings postponed that were scheduled for next week.
Hermann was reportedly scheduled to participate in the meetings in the hopes of beginning her stint as the Rutgers athletic director a little earlier than her targeted June 17th start date, but those meetings have been postponed according to The Star-Ledger.
Julie Hermann’s hopes of getting an early start on her new job as Rutgers athletic director have been put on hold without explanation. The Star-Ledger has learned that Rutgers officials postponed a series of meetings Hermann was scheduled to be part of late next week on campus.
The sudden change was detailed late Friday night by two people who have direct knowledge of the scheduling. Those people requested anonymity because they are not authorized to speak publicly on behalf of Hermann or Rutgers.
The meetings for next week with Hermann were also to coincide with a visit from Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany as he visits Rutgers to help welcome the Scarlet Knights’ into their new home in the Big Ten.
Delany is still expected to visit Rutgers — according to The Star-Ledger — and no official comment has been made by Rutgers or Hermann regarding the postponement of the meetings.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0