Jun 1, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
Just when we thought the news was beginning to slow down on the Rutgers front, The Newark Star-Ledger reports late Friday that new Scarlet Knights’ athletic director Julie Hermann — embroiled in multiple controversies surrounding her past — has had a series of meetings postponed that were scheduled for next week.
Hermann was reportedly scheduled to participate in the meetings in the hopes of beginning her stint as the Rutgers athletic director a little earlier than her targeted June 17th start date, but those meetings have been postponed according to The Star-Ledger.
Julie Hermann’s hopes of getting an early start on her new job as Rutgers athletic director have been put on hold without explanation. The Star-Ledger has learned that Rutgers officials postponed a series of meetings Hermann was scheduled to be part of late next week on campus.
The sudden change was detailed late Friday night by two people who have direct knowledge of the scheduling. Those people requested anonymity because they are not authorized to speak publicly on behalf of Hermann or Rutgers.
The meetings for next week with Hermann were also to coincide with a visit from Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany as he visits Rutgers to help welcome the Scarlet Knights’ into their new home in the Big Ten.
Delany is still expected to visit Rutgers — according to The Star-Ledger — and no official comment has been made by Rutgers or Hermann regarding the postponement of the meetings.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)