Jun 3, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
Hofstra formally announced the addition of two fifth-year transfers on Monday morning: Zeke Upshaw from Illinois State and Dion Nesmith from Monmouth. Both will be eligible to play immediately.
“Zeke and Dion will be very important pieces on our team in 2013-14 and will have a chance to make significant contributions to the squad,” head coach Joe Mihalich said in a release. “Both are quality student-athletes who will be great representatives of Hofstra University and our basketball program. I look forward to coaching both of them and watching them develop on and off the court.”
Upshaw is a 6-foot-6 wing that played sparingly in his three seasons with the Redbirds. Nesmith is a 6-foot-0 guard that began his career at Northeastern, but averaged about 8.0 points the past two seasons at Monmouth.
All told, the Pride have seven newcomers joining the program this season in addition to the turnover in the coaching staff.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)