Jun 3, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Hofstra formally announced the addition of two fifth-year transfers on Monday morning: Zeke Upshaw from Illinois State and Dion Nesmith from Monmouth. Both will be eligible to play immediately.
“Zeke and Dion will be very important pieces on our team in 2013-14 and will have a chance to make significant contributions to the squad,” head coach Joe Mihalich said in a release. “Both are quality student-athletes who will be great representatives of Hofstra University and our basketball program. I look forward to coaching both of them and watching them develop on and off the court.”
Upshaw is a 6-foot-6 wing that played sparingly in his three seasons with the Redbirds. Nesmith is a 6-foot-0 guard that began his career at Northeastern, but averaged about 8.0 points the past two seasons at Monmouth.
All told, the Pride have seven newcomers joining the program this season in addition to the turnover in the coaching staff.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)