Jun 3, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Hofstra formally announced the addition of two fifth-year transfers on Monday morning: Zeke Upshaw from Illinois State and Dion Nesmith from Monmouth. Both will be eligible to play immediately.
“Zeke and Dion will be very important pieces on our team in 2013-14 and will have a chance to make significant contributions to the squad,” head coach Joe Mihalich said in a release. “Both are quality student-athletes who will be great representatives of Hofstra University and our basketball program. I look forward to coaching both of them and watching them develop on and off the court.”
Upshaw is a 6-foot-6 wing that played sparingly in his three seasons with the Redbirds. Nesmith is a 6-foot-0 guard that began his career at Northeastern, but averaged about 8.0 points the past two seasons at Monmouth.
All told, the Pride have seven newcomers joining the program this season in addition to the turnover in the coaching staff.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)