Jun 3, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
Hofstra formally announced the addition of two fifth-year transfers on Monday morning: Zeke Upshaw from Illinois State and Dion Nesmith from Monmouth. Both will be eligible to play immediately.
“Zeke and Dion will be very important pieces on our team in 2013-14 and will have a chance to make significant contributions to the squad,” head coach Joe Mihalich said in a release. “Both are quality student-athletes who will be great representatives of Hofstra University and our basketball program. I look forward to coaching both of them and watching them develop on and off the court.”
Upshaw is a 6-foot-6 wing that played sparingly in his three seasons with the Redbirds. Nesmith is a 6-foot-0 guard that began his career at Northeastern, but averaged about 8.0 points the past two seasons at Monmouth.
All told, the Pride have seven newcomers joining the program this season in addition to the turnover in the coaching staff.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 5
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)