Jun 3, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
Hofstra formally announced the addition of two fifth-year transfers on Monday morning: Zeke Upshaw from Illinois State and Dion Nesmith from Monmouth. Both will be eligible to play immediately.
“Zeke and Dion will be very important pieces on our team in 2013-14 and will have a chance to make significant contributions to the squad,” head coach Joe Mihalich said in a release. “Both are quality student-athletes who will be great representatives of Hofstra University and our basketball program. I look forward to coaching both of them and watching them develop on and off the court.”
Upshaw is a 6-foot-6 wing that played sparingly in his three seasons with the Redbirds. Nesmith is a 6-foot-0 guard that began his career at Northeastern, but averaged about 8.0 points the past two seasons at Monmouth.
All told, the Pride have seven newcomers joining the program this season in addition to the turnover in the coaching staff.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)