Jun 3, 2013, 10:04 PM EDT
Today, Jason Kidd called it quits on his basketball playing career. The man was in the NBA so long, a lot of people forget how incredible he was in college.
Kidd was insane. I heard endless stories from those ahead of me about his passing prowess with the Golden Bears — he averaged 7.7 assists per game as a freshman and 9.1 as a sophomore — his ability to create off the dribble (13 points per game as a freshman, 16.7 as a sophomore) and his ability to pretty much lock down anyone — he averaged over three steals per game (THREE!) in both seasons at Cal.
Here are a couple of documentary-style pieces, via YouTube, of Kidd showing out in college. Seriously, watch these.
Kidd’s freshman season
Kidd’s sophomore season
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go out and throw no-look and behind-the-back passes to anyone who will catch them.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- CBT Quotables Part 1: Jawun Evans, Diamond Stone, Skal Labissiere and more 0
- LeBron James Skills Academy Day 2 Recap: Huntington Prep tandem enjoys productive Thursday 0
- adidas Unrivaled Day 1: Brandon Ingram gets the best of Jaylen Brown, Ray Smith hurts his knee 0
- Reebok Breakout Classic Day 2 Recap: Derrick Jones puts on a show 0
- Five-star 2015 forward Henry Ellenson working to become a more versatile player 1
- Diamond Stone discusses his package deal, recent weight loss 2
- LeBron James Skills Academy Day 1 Recap: College players shine, LeBron joins high school campers 1
- Rashad McCants says he’s getting $310 million from UNC, NCAA (16)
- Rashad McCants says there was never a relationship between him and Roy Williams (AUDIO) (9)
- Report: Memphis football player attacked Dominic Woodson, advisor (5)
- Former NBA champion Robert Horry: ‘I hate AAU basketball’ (VIDEO) (4)
- Rick Brunson used Patrick Ewing’s name to deceive masseuse which led to his arrest (3)