Jun 3, 2013, 10:04 PM EDT
Today, Jason Kidd called it quits on his basketball playing career. The man was in the NBA so long, a lot of people forget how incredible he was in college.
Kidd was insane. I heard endless stories from those ahead of me about his passing prowess with the Golden Bears — he averaged 7.7 assists per game as a freshman and 9.1 as a sophomore — his ability to create off the dribble (13 points per game as a freshman, 16.7 as a sophomore) and his ability to pretty much lock down anyone — he averaged over three steals per game (THREE!) in both seasons at Cal.
Here are a couple of documentary-style pieces, via YouTube, of Kidd showing out in college. Seriously, watch these.
Kidd’s freshman season
Kidd’s sophomore season
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go out and throw no-look and behind-the-back passes to anyone who will catch them.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)