Jun 3, 2013, 10:04 PM EDT
Today, Jason Kidd called it quits on his basketball playing career. The man was in the NBA so long, a lot of people forget how incredible he was in college.
Kidd was insane. I heard endless stories from those ahead of me about his passing prowess with the Golden Bears — he averaged 7.7 assists per game as a freshman and 9.1 as a sophomore — his ability to create off the dribble (13 points per game as a freshman, 16.7 as a sophomore) and his ability to pretty much lock down anyone — he averaged over three steals per game (THREE!) in both seasons at Cal.
Here are a couple of documentary-style pieces, via YouTube, of Kidd showing out in college. Seriously, watch these.
Kidd’s freshman season
Kidd’s sophomore season
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go out and throw no-look and behind-the-back passes to anyone who will catch them.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)