Jun 4, 2013, 1:44 PM EDT
The rosters have been released for the 2013 Adidas Eurocamp, which is more-or-less an NBA Draft camp for some of Europe’s top basketball prospects.
This year’s event — which, as always, is being held in Treviso, Italy, and will be covered by our blogging brethren Pro Basketball Talk — features four names that will be relevant to college basketball fans:
Dante Exum: There are going to be a lot of collegiate fan bases following along with Exum’s performance at Eurocamp. A 6-foot-6 point guard from Australia, Exum is in the process of figuring out when — if? — he’ll play college basketball. He’s currently in the Class of 2014, but there has been quite a bit of scuttlebutt that he could end up graduating and enrolling in college at the end of the first semester. But Exum is also old enough that he will be able to enter the 2014 NBA Draft whether or not he ever decides to play in college; as an international, all that he needs is to turn 19 the year of the draft, and he turns 19 next July.
If he puts on another terrific performance at Eurocamp, might his stock climb high enough that he never makes it to campus?
Aquille Carr: Known as The Crimestopper as a high school standout in Baltimore, Carr is a 5-foot-6 dynamo of a point guard. His mixtapes are thrilling to watch, but he’s not quite as thrilling in person; efficiency is not the name of his game. Carr was originally a Seton Hall commit in the Class of 2013, but a litany of issues — including the possibility that he would never be able to get academically eligible — has sent him in pursuit of a professional career. He’ll be in attendance at Eurocamp.
Ryan Broekhoff: Broekhoff had a terrific career at Valparaiso, earning Horizon League Player of the Year honors as a junior and leading the Crusaders to the NCAA tournament as a senior. Broekhoff also hit one of the more memorable shots from this year’s Championship Week. Broekhoff is a native of Australia.
Andrew Lawrence: Lawrence capped off a great career at the College of Charleston by averaging 13.5 points and 3.7 assists as a senior point guard, leading the Cougars to 24 wins in his final season. Lawrence was the point guard for Great Britain on their 2012 Olympic team.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)