Jun 5, 2013, 12:14 PM EST
Kentucky added another piece to their 2013 recruiting class, as EJ Floreal committed to the school.
Well, committed may not be the correct term here.
Floreal will be walking on. He’s the son of UK track coach Edrick Floreal. Floreal played out in California for three seasons before transferring to Dunbar HS in Lexington for his senior season. Floreal was a Division I recruit, as he had some interest from small schools out in California — Santa Clara, San Francisco, UC Davis — before he left. According to his Rivals page, Tennessee had shown some interest as well.
Kentucky fans love their walk-ons, possibly more than they do their star players. Jarrod Polson earned himself a free meal anywhere he goes in Kentucky with one memorable performance against Maryland in the season-opener.
The best part?
Floreal is known for his athleticism. He was a track and field star out in California. Kentucky is going to win a lot of games by a lot of points this season. Rupp Arena may not survive Floreal throwing down a dunk in garbage time.
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games 0
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 4
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 2
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 2
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (4)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)