Jun 5, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
Kentucky added another piece to their 2013 recruiting class, as EJ Floreal committed to the school.
Well, committed may not be the correct term here.
Floreal will be walking on. He’s the son of UK track coach Edrick Floreal. Floreal played out in California for three seasons before transferring to Dunbar HS in Lexington for his senior season. Floreal was a Division I recruit, as he had some interest from small schools out in California — Santa Clara, San Francisco, UC Davis — before he left. According to his Rivals page, Tennessee had shown some interest as well.
Kentucky fans love their walk-ons, possibly more than they do their star players. Jarrod Polson earned himself a free meal anywhere he goes in Kentucky with one memorable performance against Maryland in the season-opener.
The best part?
Floreal is known for his athleticism. He was a track and field star out in California. Kentucky is going to win a lot of games by a lot of points this season. Rupp Arena may not survive Floreal throwing down a dunk in garbage time.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)