Jun 5, 2013, 12:14 PM EST
Kentucky added another piece to their 2013 recruiting class, as EJ Floreal committed to the school.
Well, committed may not be the correct term here.
Floreal will be walking on. He’s the son of UK track coach Edrick Floreal. Floreal played out in California for three seasons before transferring to Dunbar HS in Lexington for his senior season. Floreal was a Division I recruit, as he had some interest from small schools out in California — Santa Clara, San Francisco, UC Davis — before he left. According to his Rivals page, Tennessee had shown some interest as well.
Kentucky fans love their walk-ons, possibly more than they do their star players. Jarrod Polson earned himself a free meal anywhere he goes in Kentucky with one memorable performance against Maryland in the season-opener.
The best part?
Floreal is known for his athleticism. He was a track and field star out in California. Kentucky is going to win a lot of games by a lot of points this season. Rupp Arena may not survive Floreal throwing down a dunk in garbage time.
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 0
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 2
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 3
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)