Jun 5, 2013, 7:23 PM EDT
In the immediate aftermath of 6-11 center Blaise Mbargorba deciding to transfer from SMU, many expected the Highstown, N.J. native to land at Seton Hall.
But recruiting, whether it’s for a transfer or a player still in high school, can be unpredictable. In a move that surprised many, it was reported Wednesday afternoon that Mbargorba will transfer to Boston University.
Due to preseason shoulder surgery Mbargorba was redshirted at SMU last season. As a senior at The Peddie School, Mbargorba averaged 15 points, 11 rebounds and four blocked shots per game. With the Terriers, who enter the Patriot League this summer, not having a great deal of size on the roster Mbargorba has the potential to help them in 2014-15.
Of BU’s returning front court players rising senior forward Dom Morris was the most productive last season, as he averaged 11.6 points and a team-best 6.3 rebounds per game.
Nathan Dieudonne (4.5 ppg, 3.4 rpg) played just over 17 minutes per game as a freshman, and both James Kennedy (1.0, 1.0) and Justin Alston (1.4, 1.1) saw limited playing time in 2012-13.
Currently Boston University has just one front court signee: 7-foot center Dylan Haines, who averaged 15 points and seven rebounds per contest at St. Thomas More last year.
As for Seton Hall, their pursuit for added size won’t stop as head coach Kevin Willard and his staff are in pursuit of 6-11 big man Billy Magarity.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)