Jun 5, 2013, 7:23 PM EST
In the immediate aftermath of 6-11 center Blaise Mbargorba deciding to transfer from SMU, many expected the Highstown, N.J. native to land at Seton Hall.
But recruiting, whether it’s for a transfer or a player still in high school, can be unpredictable. In a move that surprised many, it was reported Wednesday afternoon that Mbargorba will transfer to Boston University.
Due to preseason shoulder surgery Mbargorba was redshirted at SMU last season. As a senior at The Peddie School, Mbargorba averaged 15 points, 11 rebounds and four blocked shots per game. With the Terriers, who enter the Patriot League this summer, not having a great deal of size on the roster Mbargorba has the potential to help them in 2014-15.
Of BU’s returning front court players rising senior forward Dom Morris was the most productive last season, as he averaged 11.6 points and a team-best 6.3 rebounds per game.
Nathan Dieudonne (4.5 ppg, 3.4 rpg) played just over 17 minutes per game as a freshman, and both James Kennedy (1.0, 1.0) and Justin Alston (1.4, 1.1) saw limited playing time in 2012-13.
Currently Boston University has just one front court signee: 7-foot center Dylan Haines, who averaged 15 points and seven rebounds per contest at St. Thomas More last year.
As for Seton Hall, their pursuit for added size won’t stop as head coach Kevin Willard and his staff are in pursuit of 6-11 big man Billy Magarity.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame falls, No. 13 Louisville comes back from 18 down 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 0
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)