Jun 5, 2013, 7:23 PM EST
In the immediate aftermath of 6-11 center Blaise Mbargorba deciding to transfer from SMU, many expected the Highstown, N.J. native to land at Seton Hall.
But recruiting, whether it’s for a transfer or a player still in high school, can be unpredictable. In a move that surprised many, it was reported Wednesday afternoon that Mbargorba will transfer to Boston University.
Due to preseason shoulder surgery Mbargorba was redshirted at SMU last season. As a senior at The Peddie School, Mbargorba averaged 15 points, 11 rebounds and four blocked shots per game. With the Terriers, who enter the Patriot League this summer, not having a great deal of size on the roster Mbargorba has the potential to help them in 2014-15.
Of BU’s returning front court players rising senior forward Dom Morris was the most productive last season, as he averaged 11.6 points and a team-best 6.3 rebounds per game.
Nathan Dieudonne (4.5 ppg, 3.4 rpg) played just over 17 minutes per game as a freshman, and both James Kennedy (1.0, 1.0) and Justin Alston (1.4, 1.1) saw limited playing time in 2012-13.
Currently Boston University has just one front court signee: 7-foot center Dylan Haines, who averaged 15 points and seven rebounds per contest at St. Thomas More last year.
As for Seton Hall, their pursuit for added size won’t stop as head coach Kevin Willard and his staff are in pursuit of 6-11 big man Billy Magarity.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)