Jun 5, 2013, 1:44 PM EDT
The Jimmy V Classic has been announced, and it sets us up with a pair of entertaining matchups.
Cincinnati and Pitt will square in a battle of former Big East rivals. Pitt left the Big East, along with Syracuse and Notre Dame, and made their way down into the ACC. The Bearcats are one of three teams from the old Big East — along with UConn and South Florida — that have been relegated to the AAC for the foreseeable future.
The headliner will pit Florida and Memphis. Florida will have one of the best front lines in the country in 2013-2014, even if Chris Walker is unable to get eligible. Their questions will be in the back court, as Billy Donovan will be relying on talented youngsters and some unproven veterans. The Tigers, on the other hand, are loaded in the back court even if Michael Dixon never makes it to campus, but they will be quite youthful along their front like with Tarik Black leaving the program.
Memphis, ironically enough, will once again be in the same conference as Cincinnati.
The event will take place later in December — the 17th of that month —than we’re accustomed to.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)