Jun 6, 2013, 11:16 AM EST
Georgetown made a splash in the coaching world on Wednesday as John Thompson III went out and completed his staff by hiring Northwestern’s Tavaras Hardy and George Washington’s Kevin Sutton.
Hardy is a Joliet, IL, native, played for the Wildcats from 1998-2002 and has been on staff for the past eight years. He coached AAU ball with the Illinois Defenders when he first graduated and has ties all over the city of Chicago. He’s known for his ability to recruit, playing a major role in Northwestern landing John Shurna, Drew Crawford and JerShon Cobb.
Case in point: at 4:42 p.m. ET, Jeff Goodman broke the news that Hardy would be taking the job at Georgetown. At 5:15 p.m. ET, Paul White, a top 60 recruit from Whitney Young HS in Chicago, tweeted that he had received a scholarship offer from Georgetown. Coincidence?
Sutton got his start at the high school level, having worked his way up from the JV level in Michigan all the way to head coaching jobs at Montrose Christian and Bishop McNamara, two powerhouse hoops programs on the I-95 corridor in Maryland, before spending eight years as the head coach at Montverde Academy.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)