Jun 7, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
Morehead State head coach Sean Woods has added another piece to his backcourt, as it was announced by the school that former LSU guard Corban Collins will transfer to the Ohio Valley Conference school.
Collins played in 27 games for the Tigers as a freshman, averaging 2.6 points in just over nine minutes per game. After sitting out the 2013-14 season per NCAA transfer rules Collins will have three years of eligibility remaining.
“We’re really glad Corban has decided to become an Eagle,” Woods said in a statement released by the school.
“He’s an elite player who will help us contend for OVC championships in the near future. Corban has received interest from several high-major programs over the years and that speaks to his talent.”
Collins is a native of High Point, N.C. who spent a year at Massanutten Military Academy before enrolling at LSU. According to Morehead State, Collins chose the Eagles over Murray State and UCF. He’s the second LSU transfer to join the Morehead State program this spring, with forward Jalen Courtney being the first.
Guards Angelo Warner (10.9 ppg) and Bakari Turner (8.2 ppg) are the leading returnees on the perimeter for Morehead State, which also adds two guards from the junior college ranks in Kareem Storey and Luka Pajkovic.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)