Jun 7, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Morehead State head coach Sean Woods has added another piece to his backcourt, as it was announced by the school that former LSU guard Corban Collins will transfer to the Ohio Valley Conference school.
Collins played in 27 games for the Tigers as a freshman, averaging 2.6 points in just over nine minutes per game. After sitting out the 2013-14 season per NCAA transfer rules Collins will have three years of eligibility remaining.
“We’re really glad Corban has decided to become an Eagle,” Woods said in a statement released by the school.
“He’s an elite player who will help us contend for OVC championships in the near future. Corban has received interest from several high-major programs over the years and that speaks to his talent.”
Collins is a native of High Point, N.C. who spent a year at Massanutten Military Academy before enrolling at LSU. According to Morehead State, Collins chose the Eagles over Murray State and UCF. He’s the second LSU transfer to join the Morehead State program this spring, with forward Jalen Courtney being the first.
Guards Angelo Warner (10.9 ppg) and Bakari Turner (8.2 ppg) are the leading returnees on the perimeter for Morehead State, which also adds two guards from the junior college ranks in Kareem Storey and Luka Pajkovic.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)