Jun 7, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
Morehead State head coach Sean Woods has added another piece to his backcourt, as it was announced by the school that former LSU guard Corban Collins will transfer to the Ohio Valley Conference school.
Collins played in 27 games for the Tigers as a freshman, averaging 2.6 points in just over nine minutes per game. After sitting out the 2013-14 season per NCAA transfer rules Collins will have three years of eligibility remaining.
“We’re really glad Corban has decided to become an Eagle,” Woods said in a statement released by the school.
“He’s an elite player who will help us contend for OVC championships in the near future. Corban has received interest from several high-major programs over the years and that speaks to his talent.”
Collins is a native of High Point, N.C. who spent a year at Massanutten Military Academy before enrolling at LSU. According to Morehead State, Collins chose the Eagles over Murray State and UCF. He’s the second LSU transfer to join the Morehead State program this spring, with forward Jalen Courtney being the first.
Guards Angelo Warner (10.9 ppg) and Bakari Turner (8.2 ppg) are the leading returnees on the perimeter for Morehead State, which also adds two guards from the junior college ranks in Kareem Storey and Luka Pajkovic.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 0
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)