Jun 7, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
Morehead State head coach Sean Woods has added another piece to his backcourt, as it was announced by the school that former LSU guard Corban Collins will transfer to the Ohio Valley Conference school.
Collins played in 27 games for the Tigers as a freshman, averaging 2.6 points in just over nine minutes per game. After sitting out the 2013-14 season per NCAA transfer rules Collins will have three years of eligibility remaining.
“We’re really glad Corban has decided to become an Eagle,” Woods said in a statement released by the school.
“He’s an elite player who will help us contend for OVC championships in the near future. Corban has received interest from several high-major programs over the years and that speaks to his talent.”
Collins is a native of High Point, N.C. who spent a year at Massanutten Military Academy before enrolling at LSU. According to Morehead State, Collins chose the Eagles over Murray State and UCF. He’s the second LSU transfer to join the Morehead State program this spring, with forward Jalen Courtney being the first.
Guards Angelo Warner (10.9 ppg) and Bakari Turner (8.2 ppg) are the leading returnees on the perimeter for Morehead State, which also adds two guards from the junior college ranks in Kareem Storey and Luka Pajkovic.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 12
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (12)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)