Jun 7, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
On Wednesday night North Carolina junior guard P.J. Hairston was arrested on charges of possession of marijuana and driving without a license.
According to a report from WTVD in Durham, Durham Police found a gun outside of the rental car that Hairston was driving at the time of his being stopped at a license checkpoint.
There were two passengers in the car with Hairston, meaning that the firearm could have belonged to any of the three suspects.
Among the items found during the arrest were a Star 9mm handgun, a magazine with nine rounds of ammunition and 43 grams of marijuana. No charges have been filed in regards to the handgun, as the police are conducting forensics testing to determine possession.
Where this case ultimately ends up will more than likely depend on what police discover in regards to who the gun belongs to and whether or not the firearm is registered.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)