Jun 7, 2013, 2:10 PM EST
On Wednesday night North Carolina junior guard P.J. Hairston was arrested on charges of possession of marijuana and driving without a license.
According to a report from WTVD in Durham, Durham Police found a gun outside of the rental car that Hairston was driving at the time of his being stopped at a license checkpoint.
There were two passengers in the car with Hairston, meaning that the firearm could have belonged to any of the three suspects.
Among the items found during the arrest were a Star 9mm handgun, a magazine with nine rounds of ammunition and 43 grams of marijuana. No charges have been filed in regards to the handgun, as the police are conducting forensics testing to determine possession.
Where this case ultimately ends up will more than likely depend on what police discover in regards to who the gun belongs to and whether or not the firearm is registered.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)