Jun 7, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
On Wednesday night North Carolina junior guard P.J. Hairston was arrested on charges of possession of marijuana and driving without a license.
According to a report from WTVD in Durham, Durham Police found a gun outside of the rental car that Hairston was driving at the time of his being stopped at a license checkpoint.
There were two passengers in the car with Hairston, meaning that the firearm could have belonged to any of the three suspects.
Among the items found during the arrest were a Star 9mm handgun, a magazine with nine rounds of ammunition and 43 grams of marijuana. No charges have been filed in regards to the handgun, as the police are conducting forensics testing to determine possession.
Where this case ultimately ends up will more than likely depend on what police discover in regards to who the gun belongs to and whether or not the firearm is registered.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- UConn lands former Seton Hall guard Sterling Gibbs, eligible immediately 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)