Jun 8, 2013, 11:28 PM EDT
Late-breaking news from the Land of Lincoln tonight. It seems Myke Henry, who requested his release from Illinois just over a month ago, has chosen his new school.
According to our own Scott Phillips, Henry will move upstate and join Oliver Purnell’s perpetual rebuilding project at DePaul.
Myke Henry is a nice grab for DePaul as a wing transfer. He actually won the MVP of the DePaul Team Camp in 2010.
— Scott Phillips (@sphillipshoops) June 9, 2013
Henry is returning to his hometown, so the choice isn’t too surprising. Exactly what his role might be remains to be seen, he played in 35 games last season, averaging 10.6 minutes, 3.2 points and 2.1 rebounds per contest.
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)