Jun 8, 2013, 11:28 PM EST
Late-breaking news from the Land of Lincoln tonight. It seems Myke Henry, who requested his release from Illinois just over a month ago, has chosen his new school.
According to our own Scott Phillips, Henry will move upstate and join Oliver Purnell’s perpetual rebuilding project at DePaul.
Myke Henry is a nice grab for DePaul as a wing transfer. He actually won the MVP of the DePaul Team Camp in 2010.
— Scott Phillips (@sphillipshoops) June 9, 2013
Henry is returning to his hometown, so the choice isn’t too surprising. Exactly what his role might be remains to be seen, he played in 35 games last season, averaging 10.6 minutes, 3.2 points and 2.1 rebounds per contest.
- New Year’s Resolutions: Gonzaga Bulldogs 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Duke Blue Devils 0
- The ten biggest surprises in college basketball in 2014-2015 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: UConn Huskies 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor remains on top 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Louisville Cardinals 0
- North Carolina, Marcus Paige remain confident because the emergence of freshman guard 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (3)
- One suitor for Duke transfer hopes to land him despite not having an available scholarship (3)