Jun 8, 2013, 11:28 PM EDT
Late-breaking news from the Land of Lincoln tonight. It seems Myke Henry, who requested his release from Illinois just over a month ago, has chosen his new school.
According to our own Scott Phillips, Henry will move upstate and join Oliver Purnell’s perpetual rebuilding project at DePaul.
Myke Henry is a nice grab for DePaul as a wing transfer. He actually won the MVP of the DePaul Team Camp in 2010.
— Scott Phillips (@sphillipshoops) June 9, 2013
Henry is returning to his hometown, so the choice isn’t too surprising. Exactly what his role might be remains to be seen, he played in 35 games last season, averaging 10.6 minutes, 3.2 points and 2.1 rebounds per contest.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)