Jun 8, 2013, 11:28 PM EDT
Late-breaking news from the Land of Lincoln tonight. It seems Myke Henry, who requested his release from Illinois just over a month ago, has chosen his new school.
According to our own Scott Phillips, Henry will move upstate and join Oliver Purnell’s perpetual rebuilding project at DePaul.
Myke Henry is a nice grab for DePaul as a wing transfer. He actually won the MVP of the DePaul Team Camp in 2010.
— Scott Phillips (@sphillipshoops) June 9, 2013
Henry is returning to his hometown, so the choice isn’t too surprising. Exactly what his role might be remains to be seen, he played in 35 games last season, averaging 10.6 minutes, 3.2 points and 2.1 rebounds per contest.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (75)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)