Jun 8, 2013, 11:28 PM EDT
Late-breaking news from the Land of Lincoln tonight. It seems Myke Henry, who requested his release from Illinois just over a month ago, has chosen his new school.
According to our own Scott Phillips, Henry will move upstate and join Oliver Purnell’s perpetual rebuilding project at DePaul.
Myke Henry is a nice grab for DePaul as a wing transfer. He actually won the MVP of the DePaul Team Camp in 2010.
— Scott Phillips (@sphillipshoops) June 9, 2013
Henry is returning to his hometown, so the choice isn’t too surprising. Exactly what his role might be remains to be seen, he played in 35 games last season, averaging 10.6 minutes, 3.2 points and 2.1 rebounds per contest.
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)