Jun 8, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
Montana has dismissed forward Spencer Coleman from the team according to a report from the Sacramento Bee.
The 6-6 Coleman is a native of Eugene, Oregon and spent his first two seasons at Eastern Arizona College before transferring to Montana and becoming a key contributor late in the season.
Coleman averaged 7.6 points and 3.7 rebounds for the Grizzlies and was one of three Montana players on the roster to appear in all 32 of the the Grizzlies’ games last season.
After senior forward and leading scorer Mathias Ward was lost for the season with a foot injury, Coleman saw increased minutes in late February and early March and helped lead Montana to the Big Sky Conference tournament championship and a berth in the NCAA Tournament, where they lost to eventual Final Four participant Syracuse in their first game.
No reason was given for Coleman’s dismissal, per Montana’s release
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)