Jun 8, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
Montana has dismissed forward Spencer Coleman from the team according to a report from the Sacramento Bee.
The 6-6 Coleman is a native of Eugene, Oregon and spent his first two seasons at Eastern Arizona College before transferring to Montana and becoming a key contributor late in the season.
Coleman averaged 7.6 points and 3.7 rebounds for the Grizzlies and was one of three Montana players on the roster to appear in all 32 of the the Grizzlies’ games last season.
After senior forward and leading scorer Mathias Ward was lost for the season with a foot injury, Coleman saw increased minutes in late February and early March and helped lead Montana to the Big Sky Conference tournament championship and a berth in the NCAA Tournament, where they lost to eventual Final Four participant Syracuse in their first game.
No reason was given for Coleman’s dismissal, per Montana’s release
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)