Jun 8, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
Montana has dismissed forward Spencer Coleman from the team according to a report from the Sacramento Bee.
The 6-6 Coleman is a native of Eugene, Oregon and spent his first two seasons at Eastern Arizona College before transferring to Montana and becoming a key contributor late in the season.
Coleman averaged 7.6 points and 3.7 rebounds for the Grizzlies and was one of three Montana players on the roster to appear in all 32 of the the Grizzlies’ games last season.
After senior forward and leading scorer Mathias Ward was lost for the season with a foot injury, Coleman saw increased minutes in late February and early March and helped lead Montana to the Big Sky Conference tournament championship and a berth in the NCAA Tournament, where they lost to eventual Final Four participant Syracuse in their first game.
No reason was given for Coleman’s dismissal, per Montana’s release
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 1
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)