Jun 8, 2013, 12:15 PM EST
Montana has dismissed forward Spencer Coleman from the team according to a report from the Sacramento Bee.
The 6-6 Coleman is a native of Eugene, Oregon and spent his first two seasons at Eastern Arizona College before transferring to Montana and becoming a key contributor late in the season.
Coleman averaged 7.6 points and 3.7 rebounds for the Grizzlies and was one of three Montana players on the roster to appear in all 32 of the the Grizzlies’ games last season.
After senior forward and leading scorer Mathias Ward was lost for the season with a foot injury, Coleman saw increased minutes in late February and early March and helped lead Montana to the Big Sky Conference tournament championship and a berth in the NCAA Tournament, where they lost to eventual Final Four participant Syracuse in their first game.
No reason was given for Coleman’s dismissal, per Montana’s release
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)