Jun 8, 2013, 12:15 PM EDT
Montana has dismissed forward Spencer Coleman from the team according to a report from the Sacramento Bee.
The 6-6 Coleman is a native of Eugene, Oregon and spent his first two seasons at Eastern Arizona College before transferring to Montana and becoming a key contributor late in the season.
Coleman averaged 7.6 points and 3.7 rebounds for the Grizzlies and was one of three Montana players on the roster to appear in all 32 of the the Grizzlies’ games last season.
After senior forward and leading scorer Mathias Ward was lost for the season with a foot injury, Coleman saw increased minutes in late February and early March and helped lead Montana to the Big Sky Conference tournament championship and a berth in the NCAA Tournament, where they lost to eventual Final Four participant Syracuse in their first game.
No reason was given for Coleman’s dismissal, per Montana’s release
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)