Jun 10, 2013, 6:28 PM EST
Boston decided that two seasons and a 33-29 record were enough to sign Joe Jones to a contract extension, this one going through the 2017-18 season.
In his second season with the Terriers, Jones led the team to a 17-13 season, 11-5 in conference. Despite not being eligible for the America East Conference tournament, Boston earned a berth into the CollegeInsider.com Tournament.
“The opportunity to continue to serve Boston University is a tremendous honor,” Jones said in a release. “Our staff is very appreciative of the support that President Brown, [Senior Vice President, General Counsel, and Secretary of the Board of Trustees] Todd Klipp and our athletic administration led by Mike Lynch have provided us. Boston University is a very special place and that is no more evident than in the tremendous young men that we work with every day.”
Jones has been able to do some impressive things in his two seasons in Boston. He’s coached an America East Player of the Year in Darryl Partin, as well as a couple of all-conference guys in C.J. Irving and Dom Morris. He returns a bulk of the roster for the 2013-14 season, including sophomore-to-be Maurice Watson, Jr., who averaged 11.2 points per game last season.
Boston will start play in the Patriot League this upcoming season.
(Photo courtesy of Boston Athletics.)
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 0
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)