Jun 10, 2013, 6:28 PM EDT
Boston decided that two seasons and a 33-29 record were enough to sign Joe Jones to a contract extension, this one going through the 2017-18 season.
In his second season with the Terriers, Jones led the team to a 17-13 season, 11-5 in conference. Despite not being eligible for the America East Conference tournament, Boston earned a berth into the CollegeInsider.com Tournament.
“The opportunity to continue to serve Boston University is a tremendous honor,” Jones said in a release. “Our staff is very appreciative of the support that President Brown, [Senior Vice President, General Counsel, and Secretary of the Board of Trustees] Todd Klipp and our athletic administration led by Mike Lynch have provided us. Boston University is a very special place and that is no more evident than in the tremendous young men that we work with every day.”
Jones has been able to do some impressive things in his two seasons in Boston. He’s coached an America East Player of the Year in Darryl Partin, as well as a couple of all-conference guys in C.J. Irving and Dom Morris. He returns a bulk of the roster for the 2013-14 season, including sophomore-to-be Maurice Watson, Jr., who averaged 11.2 points per game last season.
Boston will start play in the Patriot League this upcoming season.
(Photo courtesy of Boston Athletics.)
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (4)