Jun 10, 2013, 6:28 PM EST
Boston decided that two seasons and a 33-29 record were enough to sign Joe Jones to a contract extension, this one going through the 2017-18 season.
In his second season with the Terriers, Jones led the team to a 17-13 season, 11-5 in conference. Despite not being eligible for the America East Conference tournament, Boston earned a berth into the CollegeInsider.com Tournament.
“The opportunity to continue to serve Boston University is a tremendous honor,” Jones said in a release. “Our staff is very appreciative of the support that President Brown, [Senior Vice President, General Counsel, and Secretary of the Board of Trustees] Todd Klipp and our athletic administration led by Mike Lynch have provided us. Boston University is a very special place and that is no more evident than in the tremendous young men that we work with every day.”
Jones has been able to do some impressive things in his two seasons in Boston. He’s coached an America East Player of the Year in Darryl Partin, as well as a couple of all-conference guys in C.J. Irving and Dom Morris. He returns a bulk of the roster for the 2013-14 season, including sophomore-to-be Maurice Watson, Jr., who averaged 11.2 points per game last season.
Boston will start play in the Patriot League this upcoming season.
(Photo courtesy of Boston Athletics.)
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (5)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)