Jun 10, 2013, 6:28 PM EST
Boston decided that two seasons and a 33-29 record were enough to sign Joe Jones to a contract extension, this one going through the 2017-18 season.
In his second season with the Terriers, Jones led the team to a 17-13 season, 11-5 in conference. Despite not being eligible for the America East Conference tournament, Boston earned a berth into the CollegeInsider.com Tournament.
“The opportunity to continue to serve Boston University is a tremendous honor,” Jones said in a release. “Our staff is very appreciative of the support that President Brown, [Senior Vice President, General Counsel, and Secretary of the Board of Trustees] Todd Klipp and our athletic administration led by Mike Lynch have provided us. Boston University is a very special place and that is no more evident than in the tremendous young men that we work with every day.”
Jones has been able to do some impressive things in his two seasons in Boston. He’s coached an America East Player of the Year in Darryl Partin, as well as a couple of all-conference guys in C.J. Irving and Dom Morris. He returns a bulk of the roster for the 2013-14 season, including sophomore-to-be Maurice Watson, Jr., who averaged 11.2 points per game last season.
Boston will start play in the Patriot League this upcoming season.
(Photo courtesy of Boston Athletics.)
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)