Jun 10, 2013, 11:47 PM EST
Jacob Lawson is returning home for his final two seasons of college.
The Reidsville, N.C. native is headed to play at Appalachian State, according to Fox Sports. He announced he would leave Purdue in April.
In his two seasons with the Boilermakers, Lawson was used sparingly, averaging just over two points and two rebounds per game. In 2012-13, the 6-8, 217-pounder averaged 2.2 points and 2.2 rebounds in 11 minutes per game in West Lafayette.
Appalachian State’s Boone, N.C. campus is two hours and 18 minutes from Lawson’s hometown.
The move to transfer was definitely the right one for Lawson, who should factor more into the Mountaineers scheme. The program finished 15-16 last season, 10-8 in the Southern Conference.
Purdue power forward transfer Jacob Lawson is returning to his home state to attend Appalachian State. He has 2 years left.
— Jacey Zembal (@JaceyZembal) June 11, 2013
The team returns three of their top four scorers from last season in Tevin Baskin, Tab Hamilton and Jay Canty, but have only two players over 6-7 on the roster in seven-footer Brian Okam and 6-8 Michael Obacha. Obacha was third on the team last season at 4.6 rebounds per game.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)