Jun 10, 2013, 11:47 PM EDT
Jacob Lawson is returning home for his final two seasons of college.
The Reidsville, N.C. native is headed to play at Appalachian State, according to Fox Sports. He announced he would leave Purdue in April.
In his two seasons with the Boilermakers, Lawson was used sparingly, averaging just over two points and two rebounds per game. In 2012-13, the 6-8, 217-pounder averaged 2.2 points and 2.2 rebounds in 11 minutes per game in West Lafayette.
Appalachian State’s Boone, N.C. campus is two hours and 18 minutes from Lawson’s hometown.
The move to transfer was definitely the right one for Lawson, who should factor more into the Mountaineers scheme. The program finished 15-16 last season, 10-8 in the Southern Conference.
Purdue power forward transfer Jacob Lawson is returning to his home state to attend Appalachian State. He has 2 years left.
— Jacey Zembal (@JaceyZembal) June 11, 2013
The team returns three of their top four scorers from last season in Tevin Baskin, Tab Hamilton and Jay Canty, but have only two players over 6-7 on the roster in seven-footer Brian Okam and 6-8 Michael Obacha. Obacha was third on the team last season at 4.6 rebounds per game.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)