Jun 10, 2013, 11:47 PM EDT
Jacob Lawson is returning home for his final two seasons of college.
The Reidsville, N.C. native is headed to play at Appalachian State, according to Fox Sports. He announced he would leave Purdue in April.
In his two seasons with the Boilermakers, Lawson was used sparingly, averaging just over two points and two rebounds per game. In 2012-13, the 6-8, 217-pounder averaged 2.2 points and 2.2 rebounds in 11 minutes per game in West Lafayette.
Appalachian State’s Boone, N.C. campus is two hours and 18 minutes from Lawson’s hometown.
The move to transfer was definitely the right one for Lawson, who should factor more into the Mountaineers scheme. The program finished 15-16 last season, 10-8 in the Southern Conference.
Purdue power forward transfer Jacob Lawson is returning to his home state to attend Appalachian State. He has 2 years left.
— Jacey Zembal (@JaceyZembal) June 11, 2013
The team returns three of their top four scorers from last season in Tevin Baskin, Tab Hamilton and Jay Canty, but have only two players over 6-7 on the roster in seven-footer Brian Okam and 6-8 Michael Obacha. Obacha was third on the team last season at 4.6 rebounds per game.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)