Jun 10, 2013, 11:47 PM EST
Jacob Lawson is returning home for his final two seasons of college.
The Reidsville, N.C. native is headed to play at Appalachian State, according to Fox Sports. He announced he would leave Purdue in April.
In his two seasons with the Boilermakers, Lawson was used sparingly, averaging just over two points and two rebounds per game. In 2012-13, the 6-8, 217-pounder averaged 2.2 points and 2.2 rebounds in 11 minutes per game in West Lafayette.
Appalachian State’s Boone, N.C. campus is two hours and 18 minutes from Lawson’s hometown.
The move to transfer was definitely the right one for Lawson, who should factor more into the Mountaineers scheme. The program finished 15-16 last season, 10-8 in the Southern Conference.
Purdue power forward transfer Jacob Lawson is returning to his home state to attend Appalachian State. He has 2 years left.
— Jacey Zembal (@JaceyZembal) June 11, 2013
The team returns three of their top four scorers from last season in Tevin Baskin, Tab Hamilton and Jay Canty, but have only two players over 6-7 on the roster in seven-footer Brian Okam and 6-8 Michael Obacha. Obacha was third on the team last season at 4.6 rebounds per game.
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 20
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (20)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)