Jun 10, 2013, 4:04 PM EDT
Earlier today, we talked about the changing of the guard on John Thompson III’s staff at Georgetown.
Mike Brennan (head coach at American), Kenya Hunter (associate head coach at Nebraska) and Scott Greenman (assistant coach at American) have all left the program. In their stead, Tavaras Hardy and Kevin Sutton have been hired as assistants, while Othella Harrington is expected to be taking over the role of Director of Basketball Operations.
That’s a lot of movement on one staff during one spring.
So much so that JT3 may have needed a bit of help finding people to fill those roles.
If you’re wonder, yes, that link takes you to an online job posting at WashingtonPost.com for an assistant coaching position at Georgetown. As Dan Steinberg notes, that probably has a lot to do with HR and the red tape that the program has to work through to make a new hire — I don’t think JT3 had a lack of quality options to hire — but it’s still quite funny to read through the requirements for applicants:
- Bachelor’s degree required. (CC: Rutgers)
- Experience coaching in the sport of basketball. Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the game of basketball. (Ha!)
- Available weekends and evenings. (Ha again!)
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment, academic eligibility requirements, and retention of student-athletes. Knowledge of athletics recruitment methods and techniques. (Not mentioned: ability to recruit effectively without actually getting caught breaking any of said NCAA regulations. Not mentioned, either: relationship with the powers that be on DC Assault and Team Takeover.)
One thing that was conspicuously missing: the ability to beat lower-seeded mid-majors in the NCAA tournament. (/ducks)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)