Jun 11, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
Since taking the reigns of Florida Gulf Coast University, coach Joe Dooley has been out to maintain the success that #DunkCity was introduced to during their miracle in the NCAA Tournament.
Of course, that can’t be truly duplicated until the season starts, but keeping the FGCU name out there is part of the plan, at least keeping it in the minds of college basketball fans and pundits.
So far, Joe Dooley announced a transfer via YouTube, and now, looks like he’s found a ride that can help him keep the Eagles relevant around town.
— Joe Dooley (@FGCUCoachDooley) June 11, 2013
That’s a snazzy ride right there. A Ford F-150 with a wrap-around graphic that not only keeps the name prominent in Estero, Fla., but also looks pretty cool.
Also, I love all the hashtags Dooley uses. #RunsOnDunks might be the college basketball hashtag of the offseason.
As far as a name is concerned, I think the Dunk Truck needs to stick.
(Photo courtesy of Dooley’s Twitter account, @FGCUCoachDooley)
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)