Jun 11, 2013, 5:55 PM EST
Since taking the reigns of Florida Gulf Coast University, coach Joe Dooley has been out to maintain the success that #DunkCity was introduced to during their miracle in the NCAA Tournament.
Of course, that can’t be truly duplicated until the season starts, but keeping the FGCU name out there is part of the plan, at least keeping it in the minds of college basketball fans and pundits.
So far, Joe Dooley announced a transfer via YouTube, and now, looks like he’s found a ride that can help him keep the Eagles relevant around town.
— Joe Dooley (@FGCUCoachDooley) June 11, 2013
That’s a snazzy ride right there. A Ford F-150 with a wrap-around graphic that not only keeps the name prominent in Estero, Fla., but also looks pretty cool.
Also, I love all the hashtags Dooley uses. #RunsOnDunks might be the college basketball hashtag of the offseason.
As far as a name is concerned, I think the Dunk Truck needs to stick.
(Photo courtesy of Dooley’s Twitter account, @FGCUCoachDooley)
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 20 Most Improved Players 2
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 1
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role (2)