Jun 11, 2013, 5:55 PM EST
Since taking the reigns of Florida Gulf Coast University, coach Joe Dooley has been out to maintain the success that #DunkCity was introduced to during their miracle in the NCAA Tournament.
Of course, that can’t be truly duplicated until the season starts, but keeping the FGCU name out there is part of the plan, at least keeping it in the minds of college basketball fans and pundits.
So far, Joe Dooley announced a transfer via YouTube, and now, looks like he’s found a ride that can help him keep the Eagles relevant around town.
— Joe Dooley (@FGCUCoachDooley) June 11, 2013
That’s a snazzy ride right there. A Ford F-150 with a wrap-around graphic that not only keeps the name prominent in Estero, Fla., but also looks pretty cool.
Also, I love all the hashtags Dooley uses. #RunsOnDunks might be the college basketball hashtag of the offseason.
As far as a name is concerned, I think the Dunk Truck needs to stick.
(Photo courtesy of Dooley’s Twitter account, @FGCUCoachDooley)
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 12
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 5
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (12)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)