Jun 11, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
Since taking the reigns of Florida Gulf Coast University, coach Joe Dooley has been out to maintain the success that #DunkCity was introduced to during their miracle in the NCAA Tournament.
Of course, that can’t be truly duplicated until the season starts, but keeping the FGCU name out there is part of the plan, at least keeping it in the minds of college basketball fans and pundits.
So far, Joe Dooley announced a transfer via YouTube, and now, looks like he’s found a ride that can help him keep the Eagles relevant around town.
— Joe Dooley (@FGCUCoachDooley) June 11, 2013
That’s a snazzy ride right there. A Ford F-150 with a wrap-around graphic that not only keeps the name prominent in Estero, Fla., but also looks pretty cool.
Also, I love all the hashtags Dooley uses. #RunsOnDunks might be the college basketball hashtag of the offseason.
As far as a name is concerned, I think the Dunk Truck needs to stick.
(Photo courtesy of Dooley’s Twitter account, @FGCUCoachDooley)
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)