Jun 11, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
Since taking the reigns of Florida Gulf Coast University, coach Joe Dooley has been out to maintain the success that #DunkCity was introduced to during their miracle in the NCAA Tournament.
Of course, that can’t be truly duplicated until the season starts, but keeping the FGCU name out there is part of the plan, at least keeping it in the minds of college basketball fans and pundits.
So far, Joe Dooley announced a transfer via YouTube, and now, looks like he’s found a ride that can help him keep the Eagles relevant around town.
— Joe Dooley (@FGCUCoachDooley) June 11, 2013
That’s a snazzy ride right there. A Ford F-150 with a wrap-around graphic that not only keeps the name prominent in Estero, Fla., but also looks pretty cool.
Also, I love all the hashtags Dooley uses. #RunsOnDunks might be the college basketball hashtag of the offseason.
As far as a name is concerned, I think the Dunk Truck needs to stick.
(Photo courtesy of Dooley’s Twitter account, @FGCUCoachDooley)
Follow David Harten on Twitter at @David_Harten
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 0
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)