Jun 12, 2013, 8:57 PM EDT
A couple days after receiving a commitment from former Southern Illinois forward Dantiel Daniels, Colorado State received a verbal commitment from 2014 point guard Jeremiah Paige.
Paige, a 6-4 guard from Aurora, Co., averaged 20.2 points, 4.3 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game at Rangeview High School according to Matt L. Stephens of The Coloradoan.
Paige classifies himself as a penetrating guard who can drive to the basket at will, but wants to improve his mid-range game.
“Schools started recruiting me lately. I think they eventually saw what I could and bring to the program and know I can shoot the ball,” he said. “I’m looking forward to coming up to CSU and fitting in well and trying to stay on track.”
Obviously Paige won’t be able to help head coach Larry Eustachy account for the loss of both Wes Eikmeier and Dorian Green this season, but he will help CSU from a depth standpoint in 2014.
Of Colorado State’s guards that will return next season rising juniors Daniel Bejarano (22 mpg) and Jon Octeus (19.6 mpg) saw the most playing time in 2012-13. The absence of Jesse Carr (out due to a torn ACL suffered before the season began) factored into the Rams’ perimeter rotation, and this trio will be asked to lead the way in 2013-14.
Paige also held offers from San Francisco, Utah State and Wyoming according to Stephens.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)