Jun 12, 2013, 8:57 PM EDT
A couple days after receiving a commitment from former Southern Illinois forward Dantiel Daniels, Colorado State received a verbal commitment from 2014 point guard Jeremiah Paige.
Paige, a 6-4 guard from Aurora, Co., averaged 20.2 points, 4.3 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game at Rangeview High School according to Matt L. Stephens of The Coloradoan.
Paige classifies himself as a penetrating guard who can drive to the basket at will, but wants to improve his mid-range game.
“Schools started recruiting me lately. I think they eventually saw what I could and bring to the program and know I can shoot the ball,” he said. “I’m looking forward to coming up to CSU and fitting in well and trying to stay on track.”
Obviously Paige won’t be able to help head coach Larry Eustachy account for the loss of both Wes Eikmeier and Dorian Green this season, but he will help CSU from a depth standpoint in 2014.
Of Colorado State’s guards that will return next season rising juniors Daniel Bejarano (22 mpg) and Jon Octeus (19.6 mpg) saw the most playing time in 2012-13. The absence of Jesse Carr (out due to a torn ACL suffered before the season began) factored into the Rams’ perimeter rotation, and this trio will be asked to lead the way in 2013-14.
Paige also held offers from San Francisco, Utah State and Wyoming according to Stephens.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Looking Forward: The eight most intriguing coaching hires of 2015 0
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ 4
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 8
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 4
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 (8)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)
- Former Duke guard speaks publicly for first time since dismissal from team (5)