Jun 12, 2013, 8:57 PM EDT
A couple days after receiving a commitment from former Southern Illinois forward Dantiel Daniels, Colorado State received a verbal commitment from 2014 point guard Jeremiah Paige.
Paige, a 6-4 guard from Aurora, Co., averaged 20.2 points, 4.3 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game at Rangeview High School according to Matt L. Stephens of The Coloradoan.
Paige classifies himself as a penetrating guard who can drive to the basket at will, but wants to improve his mid-range game.
“Schools started recruiting me lately. I think they eventually saw what I could and bring to the program and know I can shoot the ball,” he said. “I’m looking forward to coming up to CSU and fitting in well and trying to stay on track.”
Obviously Paige won’t be able to help head coach Larry Eustachy account for the loss of both Wes Eikmeier and Dorian Green this season, but he will help CSU from a depth standpoint in 2014.
Of Colorado State’s guards that will return next season rising juniors Daniel Bejarano (22 mpg) and Jon Octeus (19.6 mpg) saw the most playing time in 2012-13. The absence of Jesse Carr (out due to a torn ACL suffered before the season began) factored into the Rams’ perimeter rotation, and this trio will be asked to lead the way in 2013-14.
Paige also held offers from San Francisco, Utah State and Wyoming according to Stephens.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 1
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)