Jun 12, 2013, 8:57 PM EST
A couple days after receiving a commitment from former Southern Illinois forward Dantiel Daniels, Colorado State received a verbal commitment from 2014 point guard Jeremiah Paige.
Paige, a 6-4 guard from Aurora, Co., averaged 20.2 points, 4.3 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game at Rangeview High School according to Matt L. Stephens of The Coloradoan.
Paige classifies himself as a penetrating guard who can drive to the basket at will, but wants to improve his mid-range game.
“Schools started recruiting me lately. I think they eventually saw what I could and bring to the program and know I can shoot the ball,” he said. “I’m looking forward to coming up to CSU and fitting in well and trying to stay on track.”
Obviously Paige won’t be able to help head coach Larry Eustachy account for the loss of both Wes Eikmeier and Dorian Green this season, but he will help CSU from a depth standpoint in 2014.
Of Colorado State’s guards that will return next season rising juniors Daniel Bejarano (22 mpg) and Jon Octeus (19.6 mpg) saw the most playing time in 2012-13. The absence of Jesse Carr (out due to a torn ACL suffered before the season began) factored into the Rams’ perimeter rotation, and this trio will be asked to lead the way in 2013-14.
Paige also held offers from San Francisco, Utah State and Wyoming according to Stephens.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 1
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)