Jun 12, 2013, 8:57 PM EDT
A couple days after receiving a commitment from former Southern Illinois forward Dantiel Daniels, Colorado State received a verbal commitment from 2014 point guard Jeremiah Paige.
Paige, a 6-4 guard from Aurora, Co., averaged 20.2 points, 4.3 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game at Rangeview High School according to Matt L. Stephens of The Coloradoan.
Paige classifies himself as a penetrating guard who can drive to the basket at will, but wants to improve his mid-range game.
“Schools started recruiting me lately. I think they eventually saw what I could and bring to the program and know I can shoot the ball,” he said. “I’m looking forward to coming up to CSU and fitting in well and trying to stay on track.”
Obviously Paige won’t be able to help head coach Larry Eustachy account for the loss of both Wes Eikmeier and Dorian Green this season, but he will help CSU from a depth standpoint in 2014.
Of Colorado State’s guards that will return next season rising juniors Daniel Bejarano (22 mpg) and Jon Octeus (19.6 mpg) saw the most playing time in 2012-13. The absence of Jesse Carr (out due to a torn ACL suffered before the season began) factored into the Rams’ perimeter rotation, and this trio will be asked to lead the way in 2013-14.
Paige also held offers from San Francisco, Utah State and Wyoming according to Stephens.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0