Jun 12, 2013, 11:56 AM EDT
The Atlantic 10 has released their league schedule for the 13 teams that will be members during the 2013-2014 season.
The way it’s broken down is actually quite simple: each team in the conference will play a 16 game league schedule, with four home-and-home opponents and the other eight opponents being split into four road trips and four home games.
You can find the full breakdown here.
A couple of thoughts:
- Intra-city rivals VCU and Richmond will continue to play twice during the regular season, which is a good thing. Those two schools have a healthy hatred for each other. The same can be said for La Salle and St. Joe’s, who will play twice as well.
- I like seeing St. Louis get Dayton and VCU twice, but it’s frustrating that George Mason will only be able to play VCU on the road next season. Those two had developed a solid rivalry as CAA counterparts, and every effort should be made to continue that.
- Most people expect Rhode Island to thrive under Danny Hurley, and with the improvement that UMass has shown the last couple of years under Derek Kellogg, the A-10’s New England contingent should become one of the best games on the schedule every year. Hopefully they continue to play twice a season.
One last note, which is tucked in the bottom of the A-10’s release: every team in the conference will be invited to the Atlantic 10 tournament at the Barclays Center, the first time that has been true for the league since 2005.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 3
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)