Jun 12, 2013, 11:56 AM EST
The Atlantic 10 has released their league schedule for the 13 teams that will be members during the 2013-2014 season.
The way it’s broken down is actually quite simple: each team in the conference will play a 16 game league schedule, with four home-and-home opponents and the other eight opponents being split into four road trips and four home games.
You can find the full breakdown here.
A couple of thoughts:
- Intra-city rivals VCU and Richmond will continue to play twice during the regular season, which is a good thing. Those two schools have a healthy hatred for each other. The same can be said for La Salle and St. Joe’s, who will play twice as well.
- I like seeing St. Louis get Dayton and VCU twice, but it’s frustrating that George Mason will only be able to play VCU on the road next season. Those two had developed a solid rivalry as CAA counterparts, and every effort should be made to continue that.
- Most people expect Rhode Island to thrive under Danny Hurley, and with the improvement that UMass has shown the last couple of years under Derek Kellogg, the A-10′s New England contingent should become one of the best games on the schedule every year. Hopefully they continue to play twice a season.
One last note, which is tucked in the bottom of the A-10′s release: every team in the conference will be invited to the Atlantic 10 tournament at the Barclays Center, the first time that has been true for the league since 2005.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 0
- Senior starters once again lead the way for No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing the most important part: His One Shining Moment 2
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 2
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 2
- After win at No. 18 SMU, No. 11 Louisville is once again peaking in March 0
- Wake Forest beats No. 4 Duke as Blue Devils struggle to score again 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)