Jun 12, 2013, 11:56 AM EST
The Atlantic 10 has released their league schedule for the 13 teams that will be members during the 2013-2014 season.
The way it’s broken down is actually quite simple: each team in the conference will play a 16 game league schedule, with four home-and-home opponents and the other eight opponents being split into four road trips and four home games.
You can find the full breakdown here.
A couple of thoughts:
- Intra-city rivals VCU and Richmond will continue to play twice during the regular season, which is a good thing. Those two schools have a healthy hatred for each other. The same can be said for La Salle and St. Joe’s, who will play twice as well.
- I like seeing St. Louis get Dayton and VCU twice, but it’s frustrating that George Mason will only be able to play VCU on the road next season. Those two had developed a solid rivalry as CAA counterparts, and every effort should be made to continue that.
- Most people expect Rhode Island to thrive under Danny Hurley, and with the improvement that UMass has shown the last couple of years under Derek Kellogg, the A-10’s New England contingent should become one of the best games on the schedule every year. Hopefully they continue to play twice a season.
One last note, which is tucked in the bottom of the A-10’s release: every team in the conference will be invited to the Atlantic 10 tournament at the Barclays Center, the first time that has been true for the league since 2005.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game 7
- Chase for 180: Boise State rebounds from 0-3 conference start thanks to Derrick Marks 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)