Jun 13, 2013, 7:59 PM EST
Add Memphis to the list of schools that will have a new court design for the 2013-14 season.
But unlike other schools, the Memphis administration has made the decision to allow fans to help decide which design the school will pick. The Tigers will join the American Athletic Conference next month, and with that in mind the school would like to give the FedEx Forum floor a makeover.
“We are excited about getting input from our fans on the new design for the Tigers’ basketball court at FedExForum,” Memphis athletic director Tom Bowen said in a statement announcing the decision.
“Our fans are as passionate as any in the country, and this allows them the opportunity to take part in the design process. A new floor, a new conference and a terrific home schedule, coupled with a promising team, will make this a season to remember.”
There are four court designs that fans can choose from, with a couple including either the city skyline or the Hernando de Soto Bridge that runs between Memphis and West Memphis, Ark.
And in one design, both the skyline and the bridge are included. Below are each of the designs.
It will be interesting to see which design Memphis fans choose for the new court design, but the third option (which includes the Memphis skyline) looks rather appealing.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)