Jun 13, 2013, 7:59 PM EST
Add Memphis to the list of schools that will have a new court design for the 2013-14 season.
But unlike other schools, the Memphis administration has made the decision to allow fans to help decide which design the school will pick. The Tigers will join the American Athletic Conference next month, and with that in mind the school would like to give the FedEx Forum floor a makeover.
“We are excited about getting input from our fans on the new design for the Tigers’ basketball court at FedExForum,” Memphis athletic director Tom Bowen said in a statement announcing the decision.
“Our fans are as passionate as any in the country, and this allows them the opportunity to take part in the design process. A new floor, a new conference and a terrific home schedule, coupled with a promising team, will make this a season to remember.”
There are four court designs that fans can choose from, with a couple including either the city skyline or the Hernando de Soto Bridge that runs between Memphis and West Memphis, Ark.
And in one design, both the skyline and the bridge are included. Below are each of the designs.
It will be interesting to see which design Memphis fans choose for the new court design, but the third option (which includes the Memphis skyline) looks rather appealing.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)