Jun 13, 2013, 7:59 PM EST
Add Memphis to the list of schools that will have a new court design for the 2013-14 season.
But unlike other schools, the Memphis administration has made the decision to allow fans to help decide which design the school will pick. The Tigers will join the American Athletic Conference next month, and with that in mind the school would like to give the FedEx Forum floor a makeover.
“We are excited about getting input from our fans on the new design for the Tigers’ basketball court at FedExForum,” Memphis athletic director Tom Bowen said in a statement announcing the decision.
“Our fans are as passionate as any in the country, and this allows them the opportunity to take part in the design process. A new floor, a new conference and a terrific home schedule, coupled with a promising team, will make this a season to remember.”
There are four court designs that fans can choose from, with a couple including either the city skyline or the Hernando de Soto Bridge that runs between Memphis and West Memphis, Ark.
And in one design, both the skyline and the bridge are included. Below are each of the designs.
It will be interesting to see which design Memphis fans choose for the new court design, but the third option (which includes the Memphis skyline) looks rather appealing.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 3
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)