Jun 13, 2013, 7:59 PM EDT
Add Memphis to the list of schools that will have a new court design for the 2013-14 season.
But unlike other schools, the Memphis administration has made the decision to allow fans to help decide which design the school will pick. The Tigers will join the American Athletic Conference next month, and with that in mind the school would like to give the FedEx Forum floor a makeover.
“We are excited about getting input from our fans on the new design for the Tigers’ basketball court at FedExForum,” Memphis athletic director Tom Bowen said in a statement announcing the decision.
“Our fans are as passionate as any in the country, and this allows them the opportunity to take part in the design process. A new floor, a new conference and a terrific home schedule, coupled with a promising team, will make this a season to remember.”
There are four court designs that fans can choose from, with a couple including either the city skyline or the Hernando de Soto Bridge that runs between Memphis and West Memphis, Ark.
And in one design, both the skyline and the bridge are included. Below are each of the designs.
It will be interesting to see which design Memphis fans choose for the new court design, but the third option (which includes the Memphis skyline) looks rather appealing.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)