Jun 13, 2013, 7:59 PM EDT
Add Memphis to the list of schools that will have a new court design for the 2013-14 season.
But unlike other schools, the Memphis administration has made the decision to allow fans to help decide which design the school will pick. The Tigers will join the American Athletic Conference next month, and with that in mind the school would like to give the FedEx Forum floor a makeover.
“We are excited about getting input from our fans on the new design for the Tigers’ basketball court at FedExForum,” Memphis athletic director Tom Bowen said in a statement announcing the decision.
“Our fans are as passionate as any in the country, and this allows them the opportunity to take part in the design process. A new floor, a new conference and a terrific home schedule, coupled with a promising team, will make this a season to remember.”
There are four court designs that fans can choose from, with a couple including either the city skyline or the Hernando de Soto Bridge that runs between Memphis and West Memphis, Ark.
And in one design, both the skyline and the bridge are included. Below are each of the designs.
It will be interesting to see which design Memphis fans choose for the new court design, but the third option (which includes the Memphis skyline) looks rather appealing.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)