Jun 13, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va — On Wednesday afternoon, JaQuan Lyle, a five-star guard ranked 17th in the Class of 2014 by Rivals, tweeted out that he would be cutting his list of schools to four, only to take it back that evening.
That didn’t mean that Lyle didn’t have four schools in mind, as he told a group of reporters on Thursday night at the NBPA Top 100 camp that he had decided on a Final Four: Indiana, Louisville, Tennessee and Florida.
“Those are just the four schools that are the best for me,” Lyle said. “I like them a lot. I think I fit in real well with all the programs. It’s the best decision for me and my family.”
Lyle, who plays his high school ball at Evansville Bosse (IN), is a versatile player and a matchup problem. He can handle and create like a point guard, but he’s 6-foot-5 with a strong build and lacks a bit of explosiveness. It wouldn’t be wrong to say he plays an “old man’s” game. Interestingly enough, one of the biggest knocks on Lyle as a prospect is his jump shot, but in one game at the NBPA camp, Lyle ripped off four straight threes, including one from about 28 feet.
Any school would be happy to have him on their roster.
In the end, however, where he goes may not be his decision at all.
“I’m a mama’s boy,” he said, “so if she doesn’t like it, it’s probably going to be hard for me to get to go there.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Bubble Banter: Who will close out the regular season with a bid-earning win? 0
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 5
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)