Jun 13, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va — On Wednesday afternoon, JaQuan Lyle, a five-star guard ranked 17th in the Class of 2014 by Rivals, tweeted out that he would be cutting his list of schools to four, only to take it back that evening.
That didn’t mean that Lyle didn’t have four schools in mind, as he told a group of reporters on Thursday night at the NBPA Top 100 camp that he had decided on a Final Four: Indiana, Louisville, Tennessee and Florida.
“Those are just the four schools that are the best for me,” Lyle said. “I like them a lot. I think I fit in real well with all the programs. It’s the best decision for me and my family.”
Lyle, who plays his high school ball at Evansville Bosse (IN), is a versatile player and a matchup problem. He can handle and create like a point guard, but he’s 6-foot-5 with a strong build and lacks a bit of explosiveness. It wouldn’t be wrong to say he plays an “old man’s” game. Interestingly enough, one of the biggest knocks on Lyle as a prospect is his jump shot, but in one game at the NBPA camp, Lyle ripped off four straight threes, including one from about 28 feet.
Any school would be happy to have him on their roster.
In the end, however, where he goes may not be his decision at all.
“I’m a mama’s boy,” he said, “so if she doesn’t like it, it’s probably going to be hard for me to get to go there.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 22
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (24)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)