Jun 13, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va — On Wednesday afternoon, JaQuan Lyle, a five-star guard ranked 17th in the Class of 2014 by Rivals, tweeted out that he would be cutting his list of schools to four, only to take it back that evening.
That didn’t mean that Lyle didn’t have four schools in mind, as he told a group of reporters on Thursday night at the NBPA Top 100 camp that he had decided on a Final Four: Indiana, Louisville, Tennessee and Florida.
“Those are just the four schools that are the best for me,” Lyle said. “I like them a lot. I think I fit in real well with all the programs. It’s the best decision for me and my family.”
Lyle, who plays his high school ball at Evansville Bosse (IN), is a versatile player and a matchup problem. He can handle and create like a point guard, but he’s 6-foot-5 with a strong build and lacks a bit of explosiveness. It wouldn’t be wrong to say he plays an “old man’s” game. Interestingly enough, one of the biggest knocks on Lyle as a prospect is his jump shot, but in one game at the NBPA camp, Lyle ripped off four straight threes, including one from about 28 feet.
Any school would be happy to have him on their roster.
In the end, however, where he goes may not be his decision at all.
“I’m a mama’s boy,” he said, “so if she doesn’t like it, it’s probably going to be hard for me to get to go there.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (5)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)