Jun 13, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va — On Wednesday afternoon, JaQuan Lyle, a five-star guard ranked 17th in the Class of 2014 by Rivals, tweeted out that he would be cutting his list of schools to four, only to take it back that evening.
That didn’t mean that Lyle didn’t have four schools in mind, as he told a group of reporters on Thursday night at the NBPA Top 100 camp that he had decided on a Final Four: Indiana, Louisville, Tennessee and Florida.
“Those are just the four schools that are the best for me,” Lyle said. “I like them a lot. I think I fit in real well with all the programs. It’s the best decision for me and my family.”
Lyle, who plays his high school ball at Evansville Bosse (IN), is a versatile player and a matchup problem. He can handle and create like a point guard, but he’s 6-foot-5 with a strong build and lacks a bit of explosiveness. It wouldn’t be wrong to say he plays an “old man’s” game. Interestingly enough, one of the biggest knocks on Lyle as a prospect is his jump shot, but in one game at the NBPA camp, Lyle ripped off four straight threes, including one from about 28 feet.
Any school would be happy to have him on their roster.
In the end, however, where he goes may not be his decision at all.
“I’m a mama’s boy,” he said, “so if she doesn’t like it, it’s probably going to be hard for me to get to go there.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)