Jun 13, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va — On Wednesday afternoon, JaQuan Lyle, a five-star guard ranked 17th in the Class of 2014 by Rivals, tweeted out that he would be cutting his list of schools to four, only to take it back that evening.
That didn’t mean that Lyle didn’t have four schools in mind, as he told a group of reporters on Thursday night at the NBPA Top 100 camp that he had decided on a Final Four: Indiana, Louisville, Tennessee and Florida.
“Those are just the four schools that are the best for me,” Lyle said. “I like them a lot. I think I fit in real well with all the programs. It’s the best decision for me and my family.”
Lyle, who plays his high school ball at Evansville Bosse (IN), is a versatile player and a matchup problem. He can handle and create like a point guard, but he’s 6-foot-5 with a strong build and lacks a bit of explosiveness. It wouldn’t be wrong to say he plays an “old man’s” game. Interestingly enough, one of the biggest knocks on Lyle as a prospect is his jump shot, but in one game at the NBPA camp, Lyle ripped off four straight threes, including one from about 28 feet.
Any school would be happy to have him on their roster.
In the end, however, where he goes may not be his decision at all.
“I’m a mama’s boy,” he said, “so if she doesn’t like it, it’s probably going to be hard for me to get to go there.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 1
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)