Jun 14, 2013, 11:46 AM EST
Tulsa added some depth to its front court on Thursday, as the school announced the signing of 6-8 forward Terakeyi “T.” Edogi. Edogi, a native of Surprise, Ariz., attended Westwind Prep last season.
As a high school senior at Valley Vista High School Edogi was an honorable mention all-state selection, as he averaged 15.4 points, 14.4 rebounds and 1.5 blocked shots per game.
“TK is a big, athletic forward with a great motor,” Tulsa head coach Danny Manning said in the statement. “He plays with a lot of energy, is an active defender, and he will provide us more depth on the inside. He has developed immensely as a basketball player under coaches Kenny Mullins, Gabe Stevens and Adrion Orona.
“He is a great young man, and we look forward to having him here at TU. He has a wonderful family that is very supportive. TU fans will fall in love with his infectious smile and personality.”
The Golden Hurricane finished Manning’s first season as head coach with a 17-16 record, going 8-8 in Conference USA play. While Tulsa does have to account for the graduation of Scottie Haralson (11.3 ppg), both James Woodard (12.0 ppg, 5.9 rpg) and Patrick Swilling Jr. (10.7 ppg) return. Both Woodard and 6-8 forward D’Andre White (8.5, 5.1) were Conference USA All-Freshman Team selections last season.
And with perennial power Memphis and three other schools leaving the league for the American Athletic Conference, Tulsa has the potential to make the most of its final season in Conference USA (Tulsa, Tulane and East Carolina will join those schools in the American in 2014).
Edogi’s signing pushes the number of newcomers up to six, with the group including two junior college transfers in wing Marquel Curtis (Williston State College) and forward Lew Evans (Casper College).
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 2
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)