Jun 14, 2013, 11:46 AM EDT
Tulsa added some depth to its front court on Thursday, as the school announced the signing of 6-8 forward Terakeyi “T.” Edogi. Edogi, a native of Surprise, Ariz., attended Westwind Prep last season.
As a high school senior at Valley Vista High School Edogi was an honorable mention all-state selection, as he averaged 15.4 points, 14.4 rebounds and 1.5 blocked shots per game.
“TK is a big, athletic forward with a great motor,” Tulsa head coach Danny Manning said in the statement. “He plays with a lot of energy, is an active defender, and he will provide us more depth on the inside. He has developed immensely as a basketball player under coaches Kenny Mullins, Gabe Stevens and Adrion Orona.
“He is a great young man, and we look forward to having him here at TU. He has a wonderful family that is very supportive. TU fans will fall in love with his infectious smile and personality.”
The Golden Hurricane finished Manning’s first season as head coach with a 17-16 record, going 8-8 in Conference USA play. While Tulsa does have to account for the graduation of Scottie Haralson (11.3 ppg), both James Woodard (12.0 ppg, 5.9 rpg) and Patrick Swilling Jr. (10.7 ppg) return. Both Woodard and 6-8 forward D’Andre White (8.5, 5.1) were Conference USA All-Freshman Team selections last season.
And with perennial power Memphis and three other schools leaving the league for the American Athletic Conference, Tulsa has the potential to make the most of its final season in Conference USA (Tulsa, Tulane and East Carolina will join those schools in the American in 2014).
Edogi’s signing pushes the number of newcomers up to six, with the group including two junior college transfers in wing Marquel Curtis (Williston State College) and forward Lew Evans (Casper College).
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ 4
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Watch Stephen Curry put 40 on Gonzaga in the NCAA tournament (VIDEO) (3)
- Five-star power forward Elijah Thomas sets five official visits (3)