Jun 15, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
This post has less to do with college hoops than it does with a severe case of college hoops fandom.
And road trips.
We all know how I feel about college basketball road trips.
But what Troy and I did for 23 straights days back in the winter of 2012 pales in comparison to what Ryan Clark — better known as @LonghornRdTp — did over the course of the last seven years: attend 254 consecutive Texas Longhorn basketball games.
Home and away.
I had the pleasure of running into Ryan on a couple of different occasions throughout my travels, and he’s a really nice guy. Passionate about his horns and a little off his rocker — he has to be to travel more than 150,000 miles over the last seven seasons to watch Texas play basketball — but mostly just a regular sports fan willing to do what the rest of us only dreamed of doing.
Well, his travels have come to an end, as Eamonn Brennan detailed in this feature on Clark. Real life has gotten in the way; things like a job and a fiancée, who he proposed to during Texas’ trip to the Maui Invitational last season.
So, Ryan, consider this a hearty farewell and a resounding congratulations from all of us at CBT.
Here’s to hoping you survive a winter watching hoops on TV!
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)