Jun 15, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
This post has less to do with college hoops than it does with a severe case of college hoops fandom.
And road trips.
We all know how I feel about college basketball road trips.
But what Troy and I did for 23 straights days back in the winter of 2012 pales in comparison to what Ryan Clark — better known as @LonghornRdTp — did over the course of the last seven years: attend 254 consecutive Texas Longhorn basketball games.
Home and away.
I had the pleasure of running into Ryan on a couple of different occasions throughout my travels, and he’s a really nice guy. Passionate about his horns and a little off his rocker — he has to be to travel more than 150,000 miles over the last seven seasons to watch Texas play basketball — but mostly just a regular sports fan willing to do what the rest of us only dreamed of doing.
Well, his travels have come to an end, as Eamonn Brennan detailed in this feature on Clark. Real life has gotten in the way; things like a job and a fiancée, who he proposed to during Texas’ trip to the Maui Invitational last season.
So, Ryan, consider this a hearty farewell and a resounding congratulations from all of us at CBT.
Here’s to hoping you survive a winter watching hoops on TV!
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 0
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (3)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)