Jun 15, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
This post has less to do with college hoops than it does with a severe case of college hoops fandom.
And road trips.
We all know how I feel about college basketball road trips.
But what Troy and I did for 23 straights days back in the winter of 2012 pales in comparison to what Ryan Clark — better known as @LonghornRdTp — did over the course of the last seven years: attend 254 consecutive Texas Longhorn basketball games.
Home and away.
I had the pleasure of running into Ryan on a couple of different occasions throughout my travels, and he’s a really nice guy. Passionate about his horns and a little off his rocker — he has to be to travel more than 150,000 miles over the last seven seasons to watch Texas play basketball — but mostly just a regular sports fan willing to do what the rest of us only dreamed of doing.
Well, his travels have come to an end, as Eamonn Brennan detailed in this feature on Clark. Real life has gotten in the way; things like a job and a fiancée, who he proposed to during Texas’ trip to the Maui Invitational last season.
So, Ryan, consider this a hearty farewell and a resounding congratulations from all of us at CBT.
Here’s to hoping you survive a winter watching hoops on TV!
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)