Jun 15, 2013, 7:02 PM EDT
We here at CBT pride ourselves on our dedication to bringing you the most important college hoops news, doing it quickly, and making it as accurate as possible.
This has nothing to do with that.
This is, quite simply, a wonderful godsend from the deviant minds over at Reddit. They posted the photo of Bruce Pearl’s massive pile of curls, LostLettermen.com found it, and now we’re jumping on that bandwagon.
I mean, how could we not? This stuff is like catnip to me.
If anyone ever needs a casting suggestion for the Bruce Pearl Story (an ESPN/Lifetime collaboration?) may I suggest the red-hot Seth Rogen? By his own admission, he could grow this mop in a heartbeat.
In case you never saw any reruns of Welcome Back, Kotter, rest assured that if Rogen played the younger Pearl, Mr. Kotter himself could play the current version. In fact, Gabe Kaplan starred as a basketball coach in a 1979 movie called Fast Break:
“A preacher, a jailbird, a pool shark, a muscle man…” and a GIRL? What wackiness.
Eric Angevine is the editor of Storming the Floor. He tweets @stfhoops.
- 2014 Big 12 Tournament Preview: This is going to be good 1
- 2014 Big East Tournament Preview: Can Villanova finally beat Creighton? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 4
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 4
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 8
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (10)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (8)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)