Jun 15, 2013, 7:02 PM EDT
We here at CBT pride ourselves on our dedication to bringing you the most important college hoops news, doing it quickly, and making it as accurate as possible.
This has nothing to do with that.
This is, quite simply, a wonderful godsend from the deviant minds over at Reddit. They posted the photo of Bruce Pearl’s massive pile of curls, LostLettermen.com found it, and now we’re jumping on that bandwagon.
I mean, how could we not? This stuff is like catnip to me.
If anyone ever needs a casting suggestion for the Bruce Pearl Story (an ESPN/Lifetime collaboration?) may I suggest the red-hot Seth Rogen? By his own admission, he could grow this mop in a heartbeat.
In case you never saw any reruns of Welcome Back, Kotter, rest assured that if Rogen played the younger Pearl, Mr. Kotter himself could play the current version. In fact, Gabe Kaplan starred as a basketball coach in a 1979 movie called Fast Break:
“A preacher, a jailbird, a pool shark, a muscle man…” and a GIRL? What wackiness.
Eric Angevine is the editor of Storming the Floor. He tweets @stfhoops.
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 5
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 9
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 4
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- More than 200,000 UConn fans show up for parade in Hartford (VIDEO/PHOTOS) 0
- Duke’s Jabari Parker will discuss options with Mike Krzyzewski next week 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (8)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)