Jun 15, 2013, 7:02 PM EST
We here at CBT pride ourselves on our dedication to bringing you the most important college hoops news, doing it quickly, and making it as accurate as possible.
This has nothing to do with that.
This is, quite simply, a wonderful godsend from the deviant minds over at Reddit. They posted the photo of Bruce Pearl’s massive pile of curls, LostLettermen.com found it, and now we’re jumping on that bandwagon.
I mean, how could we not? This stuff is like catnip to me.
If anyone ever needs a casting suggestion for the Bruce Pearl Story (an ESPN/Lifetime collaboration?) may I suggest the red-hot Seth Rogen? By his own admission, he could grow this mop in a heartbeat.
In case you never saw any reruns of Welcome Back, Kotter, rest assured that if Rogen played the younger Pearl, Mr. Kotter himself could play the current version. In fact, Gabe Kaplan starred as a basketball coach in a 1979 movie called Fast Break:
“A preacher, a jailbird, a pool shark, a muscle man…” and a GIRL? What wackiness.
Eric Angevine is the editor of Storming the Floor. He tweets @stfhoops.
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 0
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)