Jun 15, 2013, 9:52 PM EST
Lots of big news coming out of East Tennessee State these days.
First, the Buccaneers, along with VMI and Mercer announced that they will be joining the Southern Conference in July of 2014.
Friday, we learned that head coach Murry Bartow will be adding two new assistant coaches to his staff. As ETSU prepares for the big move (back) to the SoCon, they’ll be breaking in new assistants Bob Bolen – most recently head coach at NAIA power Mountain State College – and Thomas Carr, a fast-rising star coming off a year as a high school coach in Danville, VA.
And it’s not just coaches. One new player has just announced he’ll be joining the Bucs as well:
Darius Forrest (6-6/F/2013) of Mississippi Gulf Coast CC has signed with East Tennessee State.
— Brad Winton (@JucoRecruiting) June 15, 2013
Bartow is the son of legendary coach Gene Bartow (UAB, UCLA, Memphis, Illinois). He took the Buccaneers to an NCAA tournament appearance in 2004, when they were originally in the SoCon, and followed that up with back-to-back bids out of the A-Sun in 2009 and 2010. He’ll be hoping to get back to the promised land again, now that his Bucs are back in the SoCon fold.
Eric Angevine is the editor of Storming the Floor. He tweets @stfhoops.
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 0
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)