Jun 15, 2013, 9:52 PM EDT
Lots of big news coming out of East Tennessee State these days.
First, the Buccaneers, along with VMI and Mercer announced that they will be joining the Southern Conference in July of 2014.
Friday, we learned that head coach Murry Bartow will be adding two new assistant coaches to his staff. As ETSU prepares for the big move (back) to the SoCon, they’ll be breaking in new assistants Bob Bolen – most recently head coach at NAIA power Mountain State College – and Thomas Carr, a fast-rising star coming off a year as a high school coach in Danville, VA.
And it’s not just coaches. One new player has just announced he’ll be joining the Bucs as well:
Darius Forrest (6-6/F/2013) of Mississippi Gulf Coast CC has signed with East Tennessee State.
— Brad Winton (@JucoRecruiting) June 15, 2013
Bartow is the son of legendary coach Gene Bartow (UAB, UCLA, Memphis, Illinois). He took the Buccaneers to an NCAA tournament appearance in 2004, when they were originally in the SoCon, and followed that up with back-to-back bids out of the A-Sun in 2009 and 2010. He’ll be hoping to get back to the promised land again, now that his Bucs are back in the SoCon fold.
Eric Angevine is the editor of Storming the Floor. He tweets @stfhoops.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)