Jun 15, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
It’s going to be a struggle for Penn State to gain any traction in a Big Ten that just keeps getting more and more loaded with every round of expansion and realignment, but the Nittany Lions just locked down 2014 point guard Shep Garner, and that should help.
Aside from having a really great name for a John Ford western flick, Garner drew some attention from other programs in the area – teams who have more of a recent history of winning.
Garner chose the Nittany Lions over Temple, LaSalle, Maryland and Rutgers, among others. He joins another lead guard, Isaiah Washington (Williamsport, Pa./Williamsport), who committed to Penn State in April.
If you want to see more of what Garner can do, check out his YouTube video:
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)