Jun 15, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
It’s going to be a struggle for Penn State to gain any traction in a Big Ten that just keeps getting more and more loaded with every round of expansion and realignment, but the Nittany Lions just locked down 2014 point guard Shep Garner, and that should help.
Aside from having a really great name for a John Ford western flick, Garner drew some attention from other programs in the area – teams who have more of a recent history of winning.
Garner chose the Nittany Lions over Temple, LaSalle, Maryland and Rutgers, among others. He joins another lead guard, Isaiah Washington (Williamsport, Pa./Williamsport), who committed to Penn State in April.
If you want to see more of what Garner can do, check out his YouTube video:
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)