Jun 15, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
It’s going to be a struggle for Penn State to gain any traction in a Big Ten that just keeps getting more and more loaded with every round of expansion and realignment, but the Nittany Lions just locked down 2014 point guard Shep Garner, and that should help.
Aside from having a really great name for a John Ford western flick, Garner drew some attention from other programs in the area – teams who have more of a recent history of winning.
Garner chose the Nittany Lions over Temple, LaSalle, Maryland and Rutgers, among others. He joins another lead guard, Isaiah Washington (Williamsport, Pa./Williamsport), who committed to Penn State in April.
If you want to see more of what Garner can do, check out his YouTube video:
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (3)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)