Jun 15, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
It’s going to be a struggle for Penn State to gain any traction in a Big Ten that just keeps getting more and more loaded with every round of expansion and realignment, but the Nittany Lions just locked down 2014 point guard Shep Garner, and that should help.
Aside from having a really great name for a John Ford western flick, Garner drew some attention from other programs in the area – teams who have more of a recent history of winning.
Garner chose the Nittany Lions over Temple, LaSalle, Maryland and Rutgers, among others. He joins another lead guard, Isaiah Washington (Williamsport, Pa./Williamsport), who committed to Penn State in April.
If you want to see more of what Garner can do, check out his YouTube video:
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)