Jun 16, 2013, 3:51 PM EDT
Recently graduated Monmouth forward Marcus Ware will use his final year of eligibility at Iona and will be eligible to play for Tim Cluess immediately, reported Adam Zagoria. The 6-foot-8 forward averaged 6.4 points and four rebounds per game last year at Monmouth.
This is the second transfer Iona has picked up this offseason as former Rutgers guard Mike Poole elected to take his career elsewhere following the Mike Rice fiasco.
6-8 F Marcus Ware is transferring to Iona from Monmouth. Will play immediately after graduating Monmouth.—
Adam Zagoria (@AdamZagoria) June 16, 2013
Ware was an NEC All-Rookie Selection in 2010-11, but injuries have hindered him for much of his career. He injured his foot after just two games into his freshman season that sidelined him for the rest of the year, and he tore his ACL in a scrimmage at the end of his sophomore year causing him to miss the first eight games of his junior season.
Ware will be a veteran presence for Iona, and provided some added bulk in a lineup that is fairly undersized, especially with graduation claiming forward Taaj Ridley.
You can find Kevin on twitter @KLDoyle11
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)