Jun 16, 2013, 3:51 PM EDT
Recently graduated Monmouth forward Marcus Ware will use his final year of eligibility at Iona and will be eligible to play for Tim Cluess immediately, reported Adam Zagoria. The 6-foot-8 forward averaged 6.4 points and four rebounds per game last year at Monmouth.
This is the second transfer Iona has picked up this offseason as former Rutgers guard Mike Poole elected to take his career elsewhere following the Mike Rice fiasco.
6-8 F Marcus Ware is transferring to Iona from Monmouth. Will play immediately after graduating Monmouth.—
Adam Zagoria (@AdamZagoria) June 16, 2013
Ware was an NEC All-Rookie Selection in 2010-11, but injuries have hindered him for much of his career. He injured his foot after just two games into his freshman season that sidelined him for the rest of the year, and he tore his ACL in a scrimmage at the end of his sophomore year causing him to miss the first eight games of his junior season.
Ware will be a veteran presence for Iona, and provided some added bulk in a lineup that is fairly undersized, especially with graduation claiming forward Taaj Ridley.
You can find Kevin on twitter @KLDoyle11
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)