Jun 17, 2013, 5:42 PM EST
Alabama’s second-leading scorer Trevor Lacey has decided to transfer to North Carolina State, according to PackPride.com. He will have to sit out the 2013-2014 season per NCAA transfer rules. He will have two years of eligibility left.
“It was a family decision to pursue other opportunities,” Lacey said in a statement back in April. “This definitely was not an easy decision to make. It’s been great at Alabama during my two years. It was tough my freshman year coming off surgery and having to work my way back. I wanted to improve during my sophomore season and I thought I did that. I want to thank the coaches and staff, my teammates and all the fans for their support.”
This is a big pick up for Mark Gottfried. N.C. State lost its entire starting lineup for a season ago with Scott Wood and Richard Powell graduating, C.J. Leslie and Lorenzo Brown declaring for the draft, and Rodney Purvis transferring to UConn.
The 6-foot-3 Lacey averaged 11.3 points, 3.8 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game as a sophomore for Bama. He joins N.C. State’s incoming class that features Anthony Barber, Desmond Lee, Kyle Washington, BeeJay Anya and Lennard Freeman. Gottfried returns contributors Tyler Lewis and T.J. Warren.
For the Alabama — who showed promise in 2013-2014 — is continuing a difficult offseason
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 9
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (10)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)