Jun 17, 2013, 11:01 PM EDT
Keith Hornsby, the sophomore guard from UNC Asheville, took to Twitter to announce where he will spend his final two years of eligibility.
The 6-foot-4 sophomore picked LSU almost three weeks after announcing he would be leaving UNC Asheville following the departure of head coach Eddie Biedenbach. Hornsby was second on the Bulldogs in both scoring and assists, averaging 15.0 points and 3.1 assists per game. Hornsby also averaged 4.2 rebounds.
This is a big pickup for head coach Johnny Jones. LSU adds a talented scoring transfer guard in addition to an impressive recruiting class heading to Baton Rouge this fall. Hornsby upped his scoring averaged by 11 in 2012-2013, shooting 38 percent from beyond the arc.
Hornsby, the son of musician Bruce Hornsby, joins a six-man incoming class that includes five-star power foward Jarell Martin (Madison Prep Academy/Baton Rouge, La.), as well as a pair of four-star commits — power forward Jordan Mickey (Prime Prep/Dallas, Texas) and point guard Tim Quarterman (Johnson High/Savannah, Ga.)
The former UNCA Bulldog had been on a visit at LSU last week and had previously visited North Carolina State. The Daily Press in Hampton, Va. also said that St. Mary’s and Miami (OH) also expressed interest in his services.
Hornsby has to sit out the 2013-2014 season per NCAA transfer rules. He has two years of eligibility remaining.
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 1
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)