Jun 17, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Josh Pastner has filled out the remainder of his coaching staff at Memphis with his former college teammate Jason Gardner, according to reports.
Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com has the news that Pastner has recommended that the school hire Gardner, which means that barring Memphis digging up some Julie Hermann-ian dirt of the former Arizona all-american, Gardner will be coaching the Tigers in 2013-2014.
Gardner will join a staff that already consists of Aki Collins and Robert Kirby. He replaces another former Arizona point guard in Damon Stoudamire. Gardner played with Pastner for one season at Arizona when Pastner was a walk-on. He’s spent the past two seasons as an assistant at Loyola (IL) after bouncing around pro leagues overseas.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 7
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 4
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)