Jun 17, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
Josh Pastner has filled out the remainder of his coaching staff at Memphis with his former college teammate Jason Gardner, according to reports.
Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com has the news that Pastner has recommended that the school hire Gardner, which means that barring Memphis digging up some Julie Hermann-ian dirt of the former Arizona all-american, Gardner will be coaching the Tigers in 2013-2014.
Gardner will join a staff that already consists of Aki Collins and Robert Kirby. He replaces another former Arizona point guard in Damon Stoudamire. Gardner played with Pastner for one season at Arizona when Pastner was a walk-on. He’s spent the past two seasons as an assistant at Loyola (IL) after bouncing around pro leagues overseas.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)