Jun 17, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Josh Pastner has filled out the remainder of his coaching staff at Memphis with his former college teammate Jason Gardner, according to reports.
Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com has the news that Pastner has recommended that the school hire Gardner, which means that barring Memphis digging up some Julie Hermann-ian dirt of the former Arizona all-american, Gardner will be coaching the Tigers in 2013-2014.
Gardner will join a staff that already consists of Aki Collins and Robert Kirby. He replaces another former Arizona point guard in Damon Stoudamire. Gardner played with Pastner for one season at Arizona when Pastner was a walk-on. He’s spent the past two seasons as an assistant at Loyola (IL) after bouncing around pro leagues overseas.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)