Jun 17, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Josh Pastner has filled out the remainder of his coaching staff at Memphis with his former college teammate Jason Gardner, according to reports.
Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com has the news that Pastner has recommended that the school hire Gardner, which means that barring Memphis digging up some Julie Hermann-ian dirt of the former Arizona all-american, Gardner will be coaching the Tigers in 2013-2014.
Gardner will join a staff that already consists of Aki Collins and Robert Kirby. He replaces another former Arizona point guard in Damon Stoudamire. Gardner played with Pastner for one season at Arizona when Pastner was a walk-on. He’s spent the past two seasons as an assistant at Loyola (IL) after bouncing around pro leagues overseas.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1