Jun 18, 2013, 12:50 PM EST
One of the big names to keep an eye on in the Class of 2015 is one of the biggest players in the class: 6-foot-11 Stephen Zimmerman.
A native of Las Vegas who plays his high school ball at Bishop Gorman, Zimmerman is a lanky left-hander that can score with his back to the basket, step out and hit a three-pointer, and is a very good passer for a kid his size and his age.
In fact, he’s ranked the No. 2 prospect in the class, according to Rivals, and didn’t disappoint going up against some very talented big men from the Class of 2014 at the NBPA Top 100 camp in Charlottesville last week.
If you really want to get a sense of the kind of talent that this kid has, think about it like this: he just picked up an offer from Kentucky:
Just got offered a scholarship to play basketball from the University of Kentucky!! #Blessed 🏀
— Stephen Zimmerman Jr (@BIGG_ZIMM) June 17, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- New Year’s Resolutions: Illinois Fighting Illini 0
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 1
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (3)