Jun 18, 2013, 12:50 PM EDT
One of the big names to keep an eye on in the Class of 2015 is one of the biggest players in the class: 6-foot-11 Stephen Zimmerman.
A native of Las Vegas who plays his high school ball at Bishop Gorman, Zimmerman is a lanky left-hander that can score with his back to the basket, step out and hit a three-pointer, and is a very good passer for a kid his size and his age.
In fact, he’s ranked the No. 2 prospect in the class, according to Rivals, and didn’t disappoint going up against some very talented big men from the Class of 2014 at the NBPA Top 100 camp in Charlottesville last week.
If you really want to get a sense of the kind of talent that this kid has, think about it like this: he just picked up an offer from Kentucky:
Just got offered a scholarship to play basketball from the University of Kentucky!! #Blessed 🏀
— Stephen Zimmerman Jr (@BIGG_ZIMM) June 17, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Rabb, Zimmerman go big, Chris Clarke goes hard, Lawson bros advance 0
- Nike Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Jayson Tatum, DeAndre Ayton and Briscoe vs. Trier 0
- Peach Jam Recruiting Notebook: Jamal Murray plays well, Tyler Davis has big day, Juwan Morgan likes two 0
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)