Jun 18, 2013, 12:50 PM EST
One of the big names to keep an eye on in the Class of 2015 is one of the biggest players in the class: 6-foot-11 Stephen Zimmerman.
A native of Las Vegas who plays his high school ball at Bishop Gorman, Zimmerman is a lanky left-hander that can score with his back to the basket, step out and hit a three-pointer, and is a very good passer for a kid his size and his age.
In fact, he’s ranked the No. 2 prospect in the class, according to Rivals, and didn’t disappoint going up against some very talented big men from the Class of 2014 at the NBPA Top 100 camp in Charlottesville last week.
If you really want to get a sense of the kind of talent that this kid has, think about it like this: he just picked up an offer from Kentucky:
Just got offered a scholarship to play basketball from the University of Kentucky!! #Blessed 🏀
— Stephen Zimmerman Jr (@BIGG_ZIMM) June 17, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 1
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)