Jun 18, 2013, 12:50 PM EDT
One of the big names to keep an eye on in the Class of 2015 is one of the biggest players in the class: 6-foot-11 Stephen Zimmerman.
A native of Las Vegas who plays his high school ball at Bishop Gorman, Zimmerman is a lanky left-hander that can score with his back to the basket, step out and hit a three-pointer, and is a very good passer for a kid his size and his age.
In fact, he’s ranked the No. 2 prospect in the class, according to Rivals, and didn’t disappoint going up against some very talented big men from the Class of 2014 at the NBPA Top 100 camp in Charlottesville last week.
If you really want to get a sense of the kind of talent that this kid has, think about it like this: he just picked up an offer from Kentucky:
Just got offered a scholarship to play basketball from the University of Kentucky!! #Blessed 🏀
— Stephen Zimmerman Jr (@BIGG_ZIMM) June 17, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)