Jun 18, 2013, 10:41 AM EDT
Jermaine Marshall has had a change of heart.
Last month, Marshall announced that he would be leaving Penn State with the intention of going pro, but he’s had a change of heart. Marshall, who didn’t sign with an agent, will graduate on August 10th and has received a release from the Nittany Lions. He’ll be eligible immediately for his final season if he does decide to transfer.
“He looked at playing professionally but decided he wanted to play another year in college,” Jerome Marshall, Jermaine’s father, told ESPN.com. “He received his release on Friday and he doesn’t know where he wants to go yet.”
Marshall averaged 15.3 points for the Nittany Lions last season, which was second on the team. He also scored 25 points in a win over Michigan, but that was by far the highlight of the season for Pat Chambers’ club; they finished the year 10-21 and just 2-16 in the Big Ten.
It’s a shame that Marshall didn’t return to Penn State. With Tim Frazier, a first-team all-Big Ten talent, healthy and DJ Newbill returning, the Nittany Lions had one of the more intriguing back courts in the country.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)