Jun 18, 2013, 8:42 PM EST
A week after being cut loose by Iowa State, Indian Hills Community College forward Richard Amardi made a commitment to the Oregon Ducks. He has one year of eligibility left.
Jeff Goodman first reported the news via Twitter on Tuesday night.
The 6-foot-9 Amardi was on the wrong-end of a scholarship issue. He had originally committed and signed his National Letter of Intent to Iowa State back in November. However, the Cyclones — referred to by Club Trillion’s Mark Titus as the Iowa State Transfers, due to its high numbers — decided to give Amardi’s scholarship to Marshall transfer guard DeAndre Kane.
Kane, who averaged 15.1 points and 7.0 assists per game for the Thundering Herd, is able to play immediately after graduating, and became a better option for head coach Fred Hoiberg.
Following his release, the 6-foot-9 Amardi was scheduled to visit Oregon, as well as Gonzaga, Arizona State and Kansas State.
Amardi joins seven players that will head to Eugene this fall, headlined by four-star power forward Jordan Bell (Long Beach Polytechnic High/Long Beach, Calif.). Amardi is the third JUCO player in the Ducks’ incoming class.
This will be yet another one-year transfer Dana Altman will plug into his rotation.
The Ducks won the Pac-12 tournament championship and made it to the Sweet 16 as a 12-seed, only to lose to eventual champion Louisville.
Amardi averaged 8.0 points and 5.2 rebounds per game for 26-4 Indian Hills this past season.
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 1
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 0
- Shabazz Napier hits game-winner, runs out of the arena (VIDEO) 0
- Coach K not a fan of the fascination with one-and-done freshmen (6)
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 5 Oklahoma State’s win over Purdue exemplifies issues with new foul rules (3)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)