Jun 18, 2013, 9:58 AM EDT
How badly is Greg Whittington injured?
That’s the biggest question facing Georgetown heading into the summer, because at this point, we know that Whittington is dealing with some kind of a knee injury.
Late Monday night, Casual Hoya reported that Whittington was hobbling around on crutches. Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com and Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com both followed that up with reports early on Tuesday morning that Whittington had, in fact, injured the knee about a week ago, but that the extent of the injury is not yet known.
Goodman called the injury “significant”, however, and said that it could keep Whittington out for the season.
Whittington averaged 12.1 points and 7.0 boards for the Hoyas as a sophomore, but he missed the second semester due to academic issues. CSN Washington reported that Whittington will be returning to the team as a junior, and as a 6-foot-8 defensive menace with three-point range, he could be the key to a Hoya team that is going to be hurting without Otto Porter’s presence.
UPDATE: Casual Hoya just tweeted out the following:
Whittington injury update from source: "Was just told by 2 different people w/ knowledge of the situation that it is indeed the ACL."
— Casual Hoya (@CasualHoya) June 18, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)