Jun 18, 2013, 9:58 AM EDT
How badly is Greg Whittington injured?
That’s the biggest question facing Georgetown heading into the summer, because at this point, we know that Whittington is dealing with some kind of a knee injury.
Late Monday night, Casual Hoya reported that Whittington was hobbling around on crutches. Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com and Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com both followed that up with reports early on Tuesday morning that Whittington had, in fact, injured the knee about a week ago, but that the extent of the injury is not yet known.
Goodman called the injury “significant”, however, and said that it could keep Whittington out for the season.
Whittington averaged 12.1 points and 7.0 boards for the Hoyas as a sophomore, but he missed the second semester due to academic issues. CSN Washington reported that Whittington will be returning to the team as a junior, and as a 6-foot-8 defensive menace with three-point range, he could be the key to a Hoya team that is going to be hurting without Otto Porter’s presence.
UPDATE: Casual Hoya just tweeted out the following:
Whittington injury update from source: "Was just told by 2 different people w/ knowledge of the situation that it is indeed the ACL."
— Casual Hoya (@CasualHoya) June 18, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 1
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 1
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 2
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 4
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 22
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 9
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (85)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (22)