Jun 18, 2013, 9:58 AM EST
How badly is Greg Whittington injured?
That’s the biggest question facing Georgetown heading into the summer, because at this point, we know that Whittington is dealing with some kind of a knee injury.
Late Monday night, Casual Hoya reported that Whittington was hobbling around on crutches. Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com and Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com both followed that up with reports early on Tuesday morning that Whittington had, in fact, injured the knee about a week ago, but that the extent of the injury is not yet known.
Goodman called the injury “significant”, however, and said that it could keep Whittington out for the season.
Whittington averaged 12.1 points and 7.0 boards for the Hoyas as a sophomore, but he missed the second semester due to academic issues. CSN Washington reported that Whittington will be returning to the team as a junior, and as a 6-foot-8 defensive menace with three-point range, he could be the key to a Hoya team that is going to be hurting without Otto Porter’s presence.
UPDATE: Casual Hoya just tweeted out the following:
Whittington injury update from source: "Was just told by 2 different people w/ knowledge of the situation that it is indeed the ACL."
— Casual Hoya (@CasualHoya) June 18, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 25
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (25)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)