Jun 18, 2013, 9:58 AM EDT
How badly is Greg Whittington injured?
That’s the biggest question facing Georgetown heading into the summer, because at this point, we know that Whittington is dealing with some kind of a knee injury.
Late Monday night, Casual Hoya reported that Whittington was hobbling around on crutches. Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com and Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com both followed that up with reports early on Tuesday morning that Whittington had, in fact, injured the knee about a week ago, but that the extent of the injury is not yet known.
Goodman called the injury “significant”, however, and said that it could keep Whittington out for the season.
Whittington averaged 12.1 points and 7.0 boards for the Hoyas as a sophomore, but he missed the second semester due to academic issues. CSN Washington reported that Whittington will be returning to the team as a junior, and as a 6-foot-8 defensive menace with three-point range, he could be the key to a Hoya team that is going to be hurting without Otto Porter’s presence.
UPDATE: Casual Hoya just tweeted out the following:
Whittington injury update from source: "Was just told by 2 different people w/ knowledge of the situation that it is indeed the ACL."
— Casual Hoya (@CasualHoya) June 18, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)