Jun 18, 2013, 9:58 AM EDT
How badly is Greg Whittington injured?
That’s the biggest question facing Georgetown heading into the summer, because at this point, we know that Whittington is dealing with some kind of a knee injury.
Late Monday night, Casual Hoya reported that Whittington was hobbling around on crutches. Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com and Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com both followed that up with reports early on Tuesday morning that Whittington had, in fact, injured the knee about a week ago, but that the extent of the injury is not yet known.
Goodman called the injury “significant”, however, and said that it could keep Whittington out for the season.
Whittington averaged 12.1 points and 7.0 boards for the Hoyas as a sophomore, but he missed the second semester due to academic issues. CSN Washington reported that Whittington will be returning to the team as a junior, and as a 6-foot-8 defensive menace with three-point range, he could be the key to a Hoya team that is going to be hurting without Otto Porter’s presence.
UPDATE: Casual Hoya just tweeted out the following:
Whittington injury update from source: "Was just told by 2 different people w/ knowledge of the situation that it is indeed the ACL."
— Casual Hoya (@CasualHoya) June 18, 2013
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 40
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (40)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)