Jun 19, 2013, 10:52 AM EDT
Mark Few picked up his first commitment in the Class of 2014 as Portland native and Rivals top 150 shooting guard Silas Melson pledged to the Zags on Tuesday night, according to a report from ESPN.com’s Jeff Goodman.
He has a smooth shooting stroke out to 20-feet and he gets nice lift on his shot. He can explode to the rim and throw down the dunk or attack the offensive glass for offensive tip-ins and follow dunks. … Melson needs to continue to improve his ball handling against pressure, especially while attacking while going left. In addition, he needs to add to his evolving offensive arsenal (runners, pull-ups in transition) as well as getting his teammates more involved.
Melson had offers from Washington and Colorado State, but he was receiving some recruiting interest from the Oregon schools, Memphis and Colorado.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 5
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)