Jun 19, 2013, 3:35 PM EST
It’s no secret that Tyus Jones and Jahlil Okafor want to play their college ball together.
They’ve been talking about it for a while, and given the fact that they are both ranked in the top three for Rivals Class of 2014 — Okafor is currently No. 1 while Jones is No. 3 — I’m sure that every school in the country would be willing to allow them to suit up together.
Lately, however, it sounds like the duo may be trying to become the latest version of the Big Three.
“You guys already know that me and Jahlil are gonna play together in college, and now we’re feeling pretty good about getting our boy Justise Winslow to come along with us as well,” Jones wrote on a blog for USA Today. “It’s looking pretty good for that. We’re, all three, really great friends and we’ve got a close bond so we all like the idea of playing together in college.”
Winslow is no slouch, as he’s currently ranked as the No. 10 player in the country. He’d fit as well, as he’s a powerful wing player that would fit well alongside Okafor (a pure post player) and Jones (a natural point guard).
All three players have trimmed their lists, and only three schools show up and each of those lists: Baylor, Duke and Kansas. To be fair, I think that both Kentucky and Ohio State — who are on the lists of Jones and Okafor — would be willing to take Winslow if it let them get the other two.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 20
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (20)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)