Jun 20, 2013, 11:11 AM EST
Late on Wednesday night, Junior College transfer Chris Cantino announced that he was leaving Xavier.
On twitter, Cantino wrote “Welp Xavier! It’s been nice.”
Cantino had a rough go of things last season. A transfer from Palm Beach State, Cantino was docked a year of eligibility by the NCAA because he participated in a JuCo showcase after the age of 21.
“If you play in organized basketball after you’re 21 years of age, that automatically counts for one year of eligibility,” Xavier head coach Chris Mack told Shannon Russell of the Cincinnati Enquirer last November. “So Chris, prior to his enrollment at junior college, turned 21 and played in a junior college showcase. He was a junior college kid-to-be. It was in July before he enrolled. He played in three games over a weekend, didn’t know any of his teammates. It was just a showcase. In three semi-organized games in front of college coaches to get to earn a scholarship opportunity, the NCAA dings him a year of eligibility.”
Cantino redshirted last season and has one year of eligibility remaining.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)