Jun 21, 2013, 1:01 PM EST
6-9 power forward Cliff Alexander, one of the top players in the Class of 2014, released his list of “Top 10 schools” still in contention for his services via Twitter on Friday morning.
A native of Chicago, Alexander attends Curie HS and is an AAU (Mac Irvin Fire) teammate of center Jahlil Okafor, the top-ranked player in the Class of 2014.
With Okafor playing in just five Nike EYBL games this spring due to injury, Alexander helped the Fire earn an automatic berth to the Peach Jam (July 11-14 in North Augusta, S.C.) with averages of 16.0 points and 11.4 rebounds per game.
247Sports.com has Alexander ranked fourth nationally on its composite rankings list, and ESPN.com rates Alexander as the second-best prospect in the class behind Okafor. A physically imposing player, Alexander is going to make some program extremely happy when he decides which college he will attend.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)