Jun 21, 2013, 1:01 PM EST
6-9 power forward Cliff Alexander, one of the top players in the Class of 2014, released his list of “Top 10 schools” still in contention for his services via Twitter on Friday morning.
A native of Chicago, Alexander attends Curie HS and is an AAU (Mac Irvin Fire) teammate of center Jahlil Okafor, the top-ranked player in the Class of 2014.
With Okafor playing in just five Nike EYBL games this spring due to injury, Alexander helped the Fire earn an automatic berth to the Peach Jam (July 11-14 in North Augusta, S.C.) with averages of 16.0 points and 11.4 rebounds per game.
247Sports.com has Alexander ranked fourth nationally on its composite rankings list, and ESPN.com rates Alexander as the second-best prospect in the class behind Okafor. A physically imposing player, Alexander is going to make some program extremely happy when he decides which college he will attend.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)