Jun 21, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
6-9 power forward Cliff Alexander, one of the top players in the Class of 2014, released his list of “Top 10 schools” still in contention for his services via Twitter on Friday morning.
A native of Chicago, Alexander attends Curie HS and is an AAU (Mac Irvin Fire) teammate of center Jahlil Okafor, the top-ranked player in the Class of 2014.
With Okafor playing in just five Nike EYBL games this spring due to injury, Alexander helped the Fire earn an automatic berth to the Peach Jam (July 11-14 in North Augusta, S.C.) with averages of 16.0 points and 11.4 rebounds per game.
247Sports.com has Alexander ranked fourth nationally on its composite rankings list, and ESPN.com rates Alexander as the second-best prospect in the class behind Okafor. A physically imposing player, Alexander is going to make some program extremely happy when he decides which college he will attend.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Throwback Thursday: Which Jim Calhoun rant was the best Jim Calhoun rant? (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)