Jun 21, 2013, 1:01 PM EST
6-9 power forward Cliff Alexander, one of the top players in the Class of 2014, released his list of “Top 10 schools” still in contention for his services via Twitter on Friday morning.
A native of Chicago, Alexander attends Curie HS and is an AAU (Mac Irvin Fire) teammate of center Jahlil Okafor, the top-ranked player in the Class of 2014.
With Okafor playing in just five Nike EYBL games this spring due to injury, Alexander helped the Fire earn an automatic berth to the Peach Jam (July 11-14 in North Augusta, S.C.) with averages of 16.0 points and 11.4 rebounds per game.
247Sports.com has Alexander ranked fourth nationally on its composite rankings list, and ESPN.com rates Alexander as the second-best prospect in the class behind Okafor. A physically imposing player, Alexander is going to make some program extremely happy when he decides which college he will attend.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 12
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 5
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)
- Burning Questions: Who gets the last shot? (3)