Jun 21, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
6-9 power forward Cliff Alexander, one of the top players in the Class of 2014, released his list of “Top 10 schools” still in contention for his services via Twitter on Friday morning.
A native of Chicago, Alexander attends Curie HS and is an AAU (Mac Irvin Fire) teammate of center Jahlil Okafor, the top-ranked player in the Class of 2014.
With Okafor playing in just five Nike EYBL games this spring due to injury, Alexander helped the Fire earn an automatic berth to the Peach Jam (July 11-14 in North Augusta, S.C.) with averages of 16.0 points and 11.4 rebounds per game.
247Sports.com has Alexander ranked fourth nationally on its composite rankings list, and ESPN.com rates Alexander as the second-best prospect in the class behind Okafor. A physically imposing player, Alexander is going to make some program extremely happy when he decides which college he will attend.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)