Jun 22, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
According to a late-night Tweet from ESPN’s Jeff Goodman, Buffalo and new head coach Bobby Hurley landed a transfer on Friday night when Alabama State junior guard Josh Freelove committed to the school.
A 6-foot-2 guard from North Lauderdale, Florida, Freelove averaged 13.6 points per game for Alabama State last season, including double-digit scoring efforts in his first seven games of the season.
Freelove began his career by playing his freshman season at Toledo before spending two seasons at Lewis and Clark Community College. He joins three class of 2013 recruits to form Buffalo’s recruiting class, including freshman shooting guards Shannon Evans and Dayshonee Much and junior college power forward Justin Moss.
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 0
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 3
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 3
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)