Jun 22, 2013, 10:45 PM EDT
The inconsitency in enforcement of the blocking/charging call has been a thorn in the side of college basketball fans for years, and recent high-profile instances of bad calls have finally forced the NCAA to clarify what can be called a charge, and what can be called a block. ESPN’s Eamonn Brennan had a nice piece about it a while back.
But nothing clarifies the visual minutia of the rule like a good video.
Wyoming head coach Larry Shyatt got some of his players in front of cameras to demonstrate how he coaches his players to draw charges, and how rule changes might alter the flow of the game. Here’s how Nathan Sobey, Charles Hankerson Jr., and Larry Nance Jr. played out the scenario for the Wyoming Tribune Eagle.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0