Jun 24, 2013, 12:56 PM EDT
Kevin Ware suffered one of the most gruesome injuries that I’ve ever seen during a sporting event during the Elite 8 last season.
He tried to block a shot on the sidelines, but when he landed, the bones in his lower right leg snapped. He was on the court with a compound fracture. It was awful.
That injury happened on March 31st of this year.
On June 20th — less than three months after the injury occurred — Ware posted the following video on Instagram:
Ware is anything but 100%, as you can see him hobbling around and unable to land on his right leg.
But consider how far he has come. 86 days ago, the bone in Ware’s right leg was snapped in half and protruding through his skin. Today, he’s able to move around well enough without crutches that he can get some shots up.
And to think, he still has more than four months until the season actually begins.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)