Jun 24, 2013, 12:56 PM EDT
Kevin Ware suffered one of the most gruesome injuries that I’ve ever seen during a sporting event during the Elite 8 last season.
He tried to block a shot on the sidelines, but when he landed, the bones in his lower right leg snapped. He was on the court with a compound fracture. It was awful.
That injury happened on March 31st of this year.
On June 20th — less than three months after the injury occurred — Ware posted the following video on Instagram:
Ware is anything but 100%, as you can see him hobbling around and unable to land on his right leg.
But consider how far he has come. 86 days ago, the bone in Ware’s right leg was snapped in half and protruding through his skin. Today, he’s able to move around well enough without crutches that he can get some shots up.
And to think, he still has more than four months until the season actually begins.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)