Jun 24, 2013, 12:56 PM EDT
Kevin Ware suffered one of the most gruesome injuries that I’ve ever seen during a sporting event during the Elite 8 last season.
He tried to block a shot on the sidelines, but when he landed, the bones in his lower right leg snapped. He was on the court with a compound fracture. It was awful.
That injury happened on March 31st of this year.
On June 20th — less than three months after the injury occurred — Ware posted the following video on Instagram:
Ware is anything but 100%, as you can see him hobbling around and unable to land on his right leg.
But consider how far he has come. 86 days ago, the bone in Ware’s right leg was snapped in half and protruding through his skin. Today, he’s able to move around well enough without crutches that he can get some shots up.
And to think, he still has more than four months until the season actually begins.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 4
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (4)