Jun 24, 2013, 12:56 PM EDT
Kevin Ware suffered one of the most gruesome injuries that I’ve ever seen during a sporting event during the Elite 8 last season.
He tried to block a shot on the sidelines, but when he landed, the bones in his lower right leg snapped. He was on the court with a compound fracture. It was awful.
That injury happened on March 31st of this year.
On June 20th — less than three months after the injury occurred — Ware posted the following video on Instagram:
Ware is anything but 100%, as you can see him hobbling around and unable to land on his right leg.
But consider how far he has come. 86 days ago, the bone in Ware’s right leg was snapped in half and protruding through his skin. Today, he’s able to move around well enough without crutches that he can get some shots up.
And to think, he still has more than four months until the season actually begins.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)