Jun 24, 2013, 12:56 PM EDT
Kevin Ware suffered one of the most gruesome injuries that I’ve ever seen during a sporting event during the Elite 8 last season.
He tried to block a shot on the sidelines, but when he landed, the bones in his lower right leg snapped. He was on the court with a compound fracture. It was awful.
That injury happened on March 31st of this year.
On June 20th — less than three months after the injury occurred — Ware posted the following video on Instagram:
Ware is anything but 100%, as you can see him hobbling around and unable to land on his right leg.
But consider how far he has come. 86 days ago, the bone in Ware’s right leg was snapped in half and protruding through his skin. Today, he’s able to move around well enough without crutches that he can get some shots up.
And to think, he still has more than four months until the season actually begins.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 5
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 4
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)