Jun 24, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
In recent years, college basketball court designs have become a way in which programs can set themselves apart from the competition.
From Oregon’s floor at Matthew Knight Arena, which at first did not have a clearly visible half-court line, to new designs that include a city skyline or the outline of the school’s home state, we’ve seen many ideas hit the landscape.
UCF could raise the bar with its’ #OperationBlacktop project.
Yes. The new UCF basketball court will be designed to look similar to the blacktop court that can be found in many parks across the country. This is certainly a way in which to draw attention to your basketball program, with UCF beginning play in the American Athletic Conference this fall.
The court will certainly take some getting used to, but as is the case with schools unveiling new uniforms this is the kind of move that sparks enthusiasm among the players (and recruits as well). The next step is putting an even more successful product on the floor, with the Knights looking to build on last season’s 20-win campaign.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)