Jun 24, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
In recent years, college basketball court designs have become a way in which programs can set themselves apart from the competition.
From Oregon’s floor at Matthew Knight Arena, which at first did not have a clearly visible half-court line, to new designs that include a city skyline or the outline of the school’s home state, we’ve seen many ideas hit the landscape.
UCF could raise the bar with its’ #OperationBlacktop project.
Yes. The new UCF basketball court will be designed to look similar to the blacktop court that can be found in many parks across the country. This is certainly a way in which to draw attention to your basketball program, with UCF beginning play in the American Athletic Conference this fall.
The court will certainly take some getting used to, but as is the case with schools unveiling new uniforms this is the kind of move that sparks enthusiasm among the players (and recruits as well). The next step is putting an even more successful product on the floor, with the Knights looking to build on last season’s 20-win campaign.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)