Jun 24, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
In recent years, college basketball court designs have become a way in which programs can set themselves apart from the competition.
From Oregon’s floor at Matthew Knight Arena, which at first did not have a clearly visible half-court line, to new designs that include a city skyline or the outline of the school’s home state, we’ve seen many ideas hit the landscape.
UCF could raise the bar with its’ #OperationBlacktop project.
Yes. The new UCF basketball court will be designed to look similar to the blacktop court that can be found in many parks across the country. This is certainly a way in which to draw attention to your basketball program, with UCF beginning play in the American Athletic Conference this fall.
The court will certainly take some getting used to, but as is the case with schools unveiling new uniforms this is the kind of move that sparks enthusiasm among the players (and recruits as well). The next step is putting an even more successful product on the floor, with the Knights looking to build on last season’s 20-win campaign.
Raphielle can be followed on Twitter at @raphiellej.
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)